Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8.5M bid turned down for Winger Moses Simon

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
27 years old. Sold a couple of times for less than we offered for him 5 years ago, asking price reduced from last summer (which no-one was interested in paying). Are we looking to move on and replace younger players like Sarmiento, Khadra, Mitoma and Enciso?

Errmmm .......... 'No', anybody?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yep. Best no one ever posts anything on NSC

Bit sensitive about someone pointing out the story might not be true? Did you respond the same way when you announced at the Christmas dinner that you had received a generous offer from a Nigerian prince and everyone just facepalmed?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Each summer we sign players ready for the first team squad and we will continue to do so if the prospects are not available in the academy for the required position

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This one is very likely I feel. Doesn't mean Trossard is going anywhere.
I think it is more likely Trossard goes in January after the World Cup, but we may get a replacement in advance before the season starts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit sensitive about someone pointing out the story might not be true? Did you respond the same way when you announced at the Christmas dinner that you had received a generous offer from a Nigerian prince and everyone just facepalmed?

Hilarious.
[MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] is literally the least likely NSCer to ever fall for an online scan :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I just got an email from a Nigerian widow, offering me a share of her now-departed husband's $1.7 billion estate – no strings attached apparently, just needs my bank details – and she reckon's he's shitehouse.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Do you have to start an argument on every thread?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
don't know why everyone seems so flabbergasted at the idea of us signing a player who's over 23. we've been more than happy to supplement the youth in the squad with players with a bit more experience, a la welbeck, lallana, veltman and co.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
don't know why everyone seems so flabbergasted at the idea of us signing a player who's over 23. we've been more than happy to supplement the youth in the squad with players with a bit more experience, a la welbeck, lallana, veltman and co.
Also re-sale value isn't such a big issue if they're only costing around £8m as the article suggests. Although it would be a tad unusual for us.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I just got an email from a Nigerian widow, offering me a share of her now-departed husband's $1.7 billion estate – no strings attached apparently, just needs my bank details – and she reckon's he's shitehouse.

Received this today. Sounds legit.

DEAR FRIEND

I know this email will come as a surprise to you. I am a Nigerian Prince and heir to the throne. I an writing to tell you that I used to play football with Moses Simon. He has skill like your legendary striker Richard Tiltman and runs about like Chuba Akpom. For 10 million Euros, I will drive him in a Rolls Royce to the AMEX stadium myself. Please send the payment details to the account below and I will include some a set of Stanstead knock off tracksuits as a goodwill gesture.

Yours
Prince Farrington of Abuja

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Veltman was slightly older and less money, so not really
Not really what? Veltman cost 900k so obviously a complete no brainer as far as any concerns over lack of re-sale value. £8m on a player approaching his late 20s would be unusual for us. Unless you can offer up an example!

Stumpy Tim

Not really what? Veltman cost 900k so obviously a complete no brainer as far as any concerns over lack of re-sale value. £8m on a player approaching his late 20s would be unusual for us. Unless you can offer up an example!

He's only 26 to be fair (almost 27). We've allegedly been tracking him for 5 years too. I would argue there's definitely a resale value as if he's a success for 2-3 years he still won't even be 30.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dear Friend,

My name is Dr.Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu. It is my pleasure to write this mail basically to seek your consent on transaction which involves transfer of an over-invoiced contract for Moises Simon from my agency to your bank account. The amount involved is S$2million.

I am a member of the Football Contract Award Committee (CAC) in my ministry Nigerian National Football Association (NNFA). The contract was intentionally over-invoiced from the real value of contract award US$8.5m to the present face value of US$10.5m. Formal approval for payment has been granted to the total face value of US$10.5m and the real contract value U$8.5m has been paid on announcement of the new contract in July 2022. Then the remaining balance of US$2million is what I intend to process to your private bank account for the benefit of you and I.

There is an official embargo prohibiting all serving civil servants from operating foreign bank accounts. It is a serious barrier to me hence it is wisely thought to make this contact to you seeking your kind cooperation to work this transaction out.

The modalities of sharing and safety of the fund in your bank account will be discussed as soon as you indicate your willingness to work with me.

Please furnish us with the following information below:

(1) Your Full Names
(2) Your Resident or Office Address
(3) Your Direct Telephone/Fax Number
(4) A Scanned Copy of Your ID Card or Passport
(5) Your Bank Account Details.

Indicate your interest in working with me through this email address(office.investment@yandex.com)

Regards
Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He's only 26 to be fair (almost 27). We've allegedly been tracking him for 5 years too. I would argue there's definitely a resale value as if he's a success for 2-3 years he still won't even be 30.
Agree with that - definitely less onus on us getting a sizeable re-sale when he's costing less in the first place though, and in theory hitting his prime.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any player with an impressive middle name of Daddy-Ajala has to be worth serious consideration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here