Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

70's and 80's fans only.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would it be a hoot to share a friendly beer or three with Bill Gardener and Cass Pennant tomorrow night in Dicks Bar?

Or not?

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Funny,just read Cass Pennant's book.Brighton get a chapter in there when they came down in the late 70's.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bill Gardener has had a replacement hip, perhaps Carlton Leach could join us as well

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Pennant is not a popular man amongst his former contemporaries at upton park, his book was not entirely "truthful" either, with some glaring omissions of hidings that west ham took.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I personally never disliked West Ham, except when they put the Windows in at The Eclipse. And I never bumped into their bad boys apart from the walk back to the tube station, mind you we walked to Plaistow a couple of times and that was an eye opener.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I remember them setting light to and launching some fishing boats from Brighton beach one Friday night before the match at the GG, then causing havoc in the NS.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pennant is not a popular man amongst his former contemporaries at upton park, his book was not entirely "truthful" either, with some glaring omissions of hidings that west ham took.

But does Bill still hold an affectionate memory in the hearts of the Stamford Bridge faithfull?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Detest 'em all, always have, always will , Essex mugs !!

Just made me exhale my nicotine smoke in that half laughing, half coughing sort of way! :lol:

PS Living in Hove now?

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
8 March 1975 Arsenal 0 – 2 West Ham United Highbury, London Attendance: 56,742

3 May 1975 West Ham United 2 – 0 Fulham Wembley, London Attendance: 100,000

Two of my greatest memories as a West Ham fan (and committed BHAFC fan since 1958).
I attended both games and remember being in the North Bank at Highbury just bought a ticket
on the day and walked in - no segregation. Then at Wembley for the Alan Taylor final - 2 goals in 4 mins

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The night they set fire to the boat on the beach was the night before I left to work in Saudi...my missus was really pissed off about me going, and actually tried to strangle me... I went and sat on the beach with WestHam fans going mental as it seemed a bit safer down there...

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
My scariest moment at a football match occurred because I was sitting a few rows in front of Cass and his cronies. West Ham away at Everton for 2nd place on the Easter long weekend, Everton won 3-1 and it was Lineker's last game before Barcelona. Some Scouse scrote fired a rocket (firework) at them from the corner terrace to left of the away end as you look at the pitch from it, and it missed us all by not a lot, could have been very nasty.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I remember in the East Stand right next to the away fans in the corner as a lad of 14 at the Goldstone, playing WHU and about 2.55pm some bloke asked a group of us the time , bit strange i thought as he and his mates all had watches on !!!
He then turned round and shouted "right lads time to kick off then" and the inevitable punch up ensued.
They took a real battering those lads, but everyone agreed that they had some balls as a group of 6/7 to come into a home end and kick off like that !!
Ahh childhood memories of the Albion !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here