Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

70's AFTERSHAVE

What 70s Aftershave?

• Total voters

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I actually had a light blue little number, with large lapels and flaired trousers, and the hair. That hasn't changed much except it's grey now. :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But what would smell better Lush? You being a bird and all that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He may give it the unreconstructed man's man's man but I can assure you that underneath that gruff exterior of TMLS lies the heart of a true metro.

He has been known to borrow some of my clobber and he was wearing this yesterday

14337_01_900_x.jpg

p.s. I vote Brut 33. (Dare you to take it to Ibiza with us)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok this is what happened. Buzzer likes to shop at A&F (he likes the bags with the bloke and the ripped torso) showing off his trakky top (with ott A&F logo) as most of their stuff is - because they have to BROADCAST its A&F. They are the last word in understatement obviously.

He also brandished a bottle of their aftershave (I REFUSE to call it anything else) with said torso on it (and called FIERCE as well SAKE) so I thought I wolud have a quick try of it on my wrist.

It DOES smell like some 70s aftershave. In fact it could well be Brut but TEN times more expensive..

But yes I have borrowed some of his clobber!!! Not his pants tho. They are too small for me!

Tell you what we will have a competion in BEEFA. One nite I wear Brut and you wear that, lets see which ones the birds like more? Deal? x

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I voted for Denim, but it was probably early 80s that I was wearing that, so realise now that I should have voted Brut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do you reckon would be the BEST aftershave to wear to a 70s Fancy Dress party?

Being a STICKLER for authenticity I thought I should ask the great and good of NSC.

Denim, for the man who doesnt have to try.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Most aftershaves smell like wee after a while. The body produces natural pheremones to enable us to attract a mate, like most other animals, why disguise them with some rank smelling fluid out of a bottle?

Oh, and go for Brut...that stuff is more revolting than the rest!

Apparently not true - recent scientific research has said that we do NOT produce pheromones. Stephen Fry said it on QI and he knows EVERYTHING.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
deodorant and aftershave in one all over smell.

it was pure distilled 80s in a bottle.

Indeed. They had the Bryan Ferry lookalike in the advert where he strolls into the office and all the ladies swoon having DOUSED himself in the stuff.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hai Karate is still going, only now it's called Calvin Klein's 'Obsession'. It is! They smell IDENTICAL.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hai Karate is still going, only now it's called Calvin Klein's 'Obsession'. It is! They smell IDENTICAL.

Do they now? I may have to get some Hai Karate to compare for RESEARCH purposes.

A&F Fierce does smell like Brut. FACT.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do they now? I may have to get some Hai Karate to compare for RESEARCH purposes.

A&F Fierce does smell like Brut. FACT.

What we have here is a classic diversion technique. It smells the same therefore it's safe for TMLS to wear it without giving up his rugged manliness.

They do NOT smell the same. Trust me on that.

The only thing that smells the same is all this real man bullshit from certain quarters.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just because Im a mans mans mans man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here