Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

70% of our allocation wont be BHA fans -

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm a season ticket holder, but as far as I'm concerned the arrangements were fine. I queued for five hours to get tickets today - if there were people in front of me who got £46 tickets that I couldn't get and they don't normally go to Withdean, well, so what? Good luck to them - they must have got up bloody early.

Some of my tickets were for season ticket holders, some for fans who make the occasional game and a couple for people who never go at all but wanted to be part of this. The more the merrier. If even 20 percent of the "butterflies" want to come back then that can only be good. And the other 80 percent will have made a very useful financial contribution to the club the loyal fans will be watching next season. We're all happy to bang on about a new stadium being for the wider community - so we can't start whingeing when the wider community wants to join the fun.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
They will all be Brighton fans would not pay the money to turn up otherwise.We will have lots of glory boys but that ain't a bad thing.We need all these people to support Falmer.Just a shame they got tickets before the diehards.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
i support spurs however over the past years i have had a season ticket in both seasons at gillingham and first two years at withdean till i started playing football on sats .i still go to most midweek games and every sat game i have a wedekend off from football i go to bout 30% of away games no where near as many as fatboy etc but still a lot more than most and put money into the club through tickets shirts programmes etc,
does that mean i dont deserve a ticket in cardiff just because i support spurs?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
i support spurs however over the past years i have had a season ticket in both seasons at gillingham and first two years at withdean till i started playing football on sats .i still go to most midweek games and every sat game i have a wedekend off from football i go to bout 30% of away games no where near as many as fatboy etc but still a lot more than most and put money into the club through tickets shirts programmes etc,
does that mean i dont deserve a ticket in cardiff just because i support spurs?

thats ment to be a post by me, but the toad didnt log out on my pc

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
agree that it is good to encourage more people to come and watch the albion

estimated 15,000 left after first day scrum, would imagine demand slowly dropping from now on, with 30,000 tickets im sure anyone who wants one will get one.

if it wasnt one week away maybe season ticket/ away membership could have had a day to get theirs but no real complaints

not getting a ticket for swindon away, a different matter!!!

Whatever anyone says, everyone who REALLY wants to go will get a ticket. Simple as.

Some of the comments make me laugh! Gareth Glover for starters: "As a 5 year season ticket holder I should get priority etc".

I totally agree Gareth, you should also be given a seat on the team bus and have someone to wipe your arse all day too.

For the first time in years this season I have not been a season ticket holder. There are reasons for this. Does that make me any less a Brighton fan than you? No. It doesn't.

Falmer is going to be a community stadium. For the community Gareth. Or does that mean for you and that select band who seem to want medals for championing the cause of BHA FC., then everyone else if there is room. (Although we rather they didn't come cos they didn't go to Canvey Island in the FA cup back in the 90s.)

This football club has got to start getting the fans back that it has lost over the years thanks to the crap boards (present one excepted) and crap players - oh and Withdeans capacity. Therefor this is a fantastic method to start achieving that so that when Falmer is built these people (many the local Community!) will come straight away.

No one should get priority on an occasion like this when it is obvious there will be enough tickets. Sure if the capacity was limited at Cardiff to 10,000 or something then you might have a point. As it is this is an event for everyone - hopefully many of them will want to come again.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
One of the tickets I got yesterday was for a Leeds fan, who wants to check out the opposition for next year.
I am truely sorry for this and will now go and queue for another 6 hours to return it :jester:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: 70% of our allocation wont be BHA fans -

alan partridge said:
i don't want to have a go at the legendary biscuit but for f.s. do you expect the club to plan for the play offs?!?!?

It isnt rocket science mate. Like I said before. Every ST - AMS is logged on a computer. A database, could easily be set up allowing each member to buy four tickets ect...This could be set up pretty darn quickly. Or at the start of the season they take £2 extra of us in the event we have a cup run/play off run that'll go towards the cost in setting up the above system. bad planning - loyalty WAS NOT REPAID.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gareth Glover said:
I am absolutely f***ing furious after queueing for 450 minutes that my 5 years season tickets and sitting in the rrain even when we were 18th in div 3 counted as nothing compared to peoplewhose first game for 5 years will be at Cardiff and if we lose they won't be at Withdean next season I will.

If Biscuit whose after all stood for hours at the Clock Tower giving out Falmer info feel so strongly I think the club needs to listen.

Thats just it, they dont listen. I spoke to Perry on the day, and he wasnt helpful. He said their plenty of tickets - which of course I repleid with - if theres so many there shouldnt be a problem setting out a system to allow the best tickets go to the ST/AMS members. He said wasnt enough time - I replied - FFS YOU HAD ALL SEASON! He couldnt defend the club after that, he just left.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
JSD Albion said:
Maybe Perry just had something better to do than argue the toss with someone who sounds really smart after the event.

Maybe.

Or maybe he was wrong and couldn't accept it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
alan partridge said:
how can you prepare for something you don't know you're going to be in?

Planning ahead I believe is the correct term. I have said several times before how this could be done, and to be honest I cant be botherd to continue explaining how piss easy it is to plan for.

To be honest, yesterday afternoon I was getting worried as the queue was moving so slowly and it was obvious that people were buying in rather large multiples, and I thought we were going to miss out. And as has been proved the actual sales, there fears were groundless.

What our arrangements have meant is that various NSC people have got themselves a block of 52, the group I'm in is 35 strong and I'm sure its the same for loads of people who have been able to rope in their friends and familes to share in this wonderful occasion. I didn't even mind queueing, it all adds to the legend and myth of the playoff final, it was a pleasant day and I had a fine old time, and have got one hell of a good ticket to show for it.

I can see why people are pissed off, but I think the club have done alright, as it looks like everyone who wanted a ticket has got one.

it is difficult supporting Albion from afar. I get to go to home matches if any of my friends who are season ticket holders can't. Away this year has been harder to get tickets.

Yes some people won't be "real" fans, but neither were they in the '83 cup final. but trust me there is nothing like 30,000 people chanting seagulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
does anybody know what the situation on tickets is now? i will not be able to get down to brighton until tuesday and was hoping to get a ticket then. hope we have not sold out already. somebody started a thread on here a few days ago saying that everybody should get a friend or 2 to go to make sure we sold out thus making sure we get falmer. i warned at the time this would not be right as some real fans would miss out. hope my fears have not been realised by myself.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
crap have friends going who do not go regulary because of withdean but on the day will be supporting the albion just as much as anyone else:dunce: :nono:

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
i find it hard to believe that people worry about who is going and getting tickets....everyone can enjoy this day out and maybe some of these people who do not normally go and see the albion will start next season....lets all enjoy a great day out together

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
I find that I am more in agreement with Buscuit than not; especially as I am a season ticket holder out of the area. but I do have sympathies with the club (which is very good of me seeing is they didnt want to let me in on thursday!)

The only thing is - they have to look at the big picture.

I think they had two options:-

1. Sell tickets thro a ticket agency, like Wolves did.
Advantage - Professional (could be more selective) and quick
Disadvatage - cost!

2. DIY job

Advantage - Cheap (nead volunteers....Martin)
Disadvantage - not a lot of control as they want to sell as many as they can as quick as they can.

Option 2 I think is best although "there may be casualities" :nono:

After all there may be a big risk of not selling our allocation - so we need all the 'Spurs' supporters we can. (when I was at school my first team was Man Utd:eek: and my second was a fourth div team I went to see week in week out. Now who the hell is Man utd?)

I think the Albion had little choice either get the 6,000 + regulars happy in their seat or just get them sold as quick as they could.

Lets hope that some of the peeps that go on sunday want to come back!

oh and lets hope that i get my tickets in the post!
:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here