Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

70% of our allocation wont be BHA fans -

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
they will all be friends of friends who have said "oh ill come out for the day - get us a ticket".

very sad indeed.

I feel sorry for the ppl who live miles away - they have no chance of a ticket.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I was worried about this (cos I live miles away) but I think I'll be OK, having applied by post.

It's a good thing getting people who've never been to go along... cos they're more likely to go in the future and to Falmer...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I doubt very much anybody goes all the way to Cardiff on a whim. Why not look at it as giving potential Falmer regulars a taste of what they can expect in the Community Stadium. There'll never be a better shop window for the Albion to advertise themselves.

As for people who live miles away - well the NSC ticket forum's bound to be chocka with people who can't make it cos the dog ate their homework or somesuch. That's how life is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mk_bha said:
they will all be friends of friends who have said "oh ill come out for the day - get us a ticket".

very sad indeed.

And what factual evidence do you have of that ?

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I don't care how many people don't go regularly to games, they'll only be helpful next weekend.

I am angry however at the people coming along who I know for a fact dislike football, the club, and are totally against Falmer.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :salute:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
good response Royal. I think mk_bha is trying to whip up a frenzy and piss loads of supporters off. The only ones worth listening to are the ones who are dealing with facts like Roz. I think everyone should calm down and stop panicking about getting tickets.

Right, enough posting, I have just hired a private jet to fly me to withdean so I can get one of the last 100 tickets left :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
As long as I get a ticket, I think it's great that loads of people from Sussex who never normally go will get to see the Albion at Cardiff. The last seven years since we lost the Goldstone have gradually eaten away at the support base, and we desperately need the Play Off final to recover some of the lost support. Let's just hope no really deserving causes (ie, me!) miss out.

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
I think 70% is a bit much but there are bound to be some who are coming along for the ride, lets hope it converts them!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
mk_bha said:

very sad indeed.

Thats what I spoke to Perry about. 10 year season ticket holders should get prioity, then season ticket holders then away fan members...

after that all the Man U/Chealsea/Arsenal/Liverpool 'fans' (I say fans in the loosest sence of the word) can come. The people I saw queing today are the same people that would have come up to me, had we lost on thursday and said "Brighton are shit." f***ing tossers the lot of them. I know the club cannot afford to be picky, in fact without fair weather fans we couldn't exsist! But surly loyalty should be repaid. I undertsand why we HAVE to pay such high prices for season tickets - but surly we should be the first ones in the que. Im glad I've got tickets next to alot of NSCers - I know their all real fan whom I can hold a decent conversation with.

The club can't give us the shit about 'we didnt have time!' Bolox. YOU HAD ALL f***ing SEASON to sort it out - bloody usless. Ive got my ticket. Not the £46 which I would prefer...but Im afraid most of the best seats went to the MANCHESTER/CHEALSEA/ARSENAL/LIVERPOOL/REAL MADRID 'fans'...pathetic organisation.

When I told Martin Perry this, he couldn't defend the club.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
balloonboy said:
As long as I get a ticket, I think it's great that loads of people from Sussex who never normally go will get to see the Albion at Cardiff. The last seven years since we lost the Goldstone have gradually eaten away at the support base, and we desperately need the Play Off final to recover some of the lost support. Let's just hope no really deserving causes (ie, me!) miss out.

:clap:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
like-wise you would have though season-ticket holders
had priority,i thought that was what loyalty was all about,but
in the end its money that talks. .

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Of the five tickets i bought today:
2 are season ticket holders
2 are supporters that don't go very often because of the difficulty of getting tickets
1 is a man u supporter who is blatantly jumping on the bandwagon

80% aint bad.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am absolutely f***ing furious after queueing for 450 minutes that my 5 years season tickets and sitting in the rrain even when we were 18th in div 3 counted as nothing compared to peoplewhose first game for 5 years will be at Cardiff and if we lose they won't be at Withdean next season I will.

If Biscuit whose after all stood for hours at the Clock Tower giving out Falmer info feel so strongly I think the club needs to listen.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: 70% of our allocation wont be BHA fans -

Biscuit said:
The club can't give us the shit about 'we didnt have time!' Bolox. YOU HAD ALL f***ing SEASON to sort it out - bloody usless. Ive got my ticket. Not the £46 which I would prefer...but Im afraid most of the best seats went to the MANCHESTER/CHEALSEA/ARSENAL/LIVERPOOL/REAL MADRID 'fans'...pathetic organisation.

When I told Martin Perry this, he couldn't defend the club.

i don't want to have a go at the legendary biscuit but for f.s. do you expect the club to plan for the play offs?!?!?

as someone who can't get anywhere near europe, let alone cardiff i'm finding threads containing posts along the lines of 'i didn't get the ticket i wanted' hard to stomach

we're there, you're there

COME ON BRIGHTON:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nov 3, 2003
the club were handing out colour A4 sheets adverts one side/application form for play off tickets on other at the end of the Swindon home leg in the NOrth Stand so they were prepared to a small extent regretfully what we really needed was

1. priority for season tick, litter patrols (i sugegst 24 hours)
2. priority then for next 24 hrs for AMS members
(1 spreads Q for 2 and vice-versa also stops panic buying)
3. IMKO limit to 4 per person for above then 2 per person for below
4. next general sale to anyone (not in point 1 or 2 above though you cant stop points 1 and 2 folk joininh in if they want more tickets)
5. accurate truthful timely updates whilst stand in Q, on arrival and before purchase tickets as well as official web site
6. BHA FC insisting the club get fair 50% allocation
7. better press official announcements on updates
8. clearer information on how to obtain tick fat too many people e.g. posting on NSC lots querries about them and the club werent prepared for some very obvious querries that people would have had and did have.
9. A way of processing applications further afield i.e. someone living ouside Sussex that omits the pure lottery that has existed.
10. More turnstiles open, switch accepted for quickness

oh and a 10 items or less q like in the supermarket :lolol: (or did we have that one)?

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
What utter bollocks mk.

We have an average crowd of about 6.5k.

About .5k of that is away fans.

That leaves about 6k fans who if they are 'regulars' will want tickets, and unless my maths is badly awry our allocation will be much bigger than than.

I live 'miles away' and my ticket has been sorted by my friends in Sussex as I belong to the A21 club.

So what if people who are not 'regulars' get tickets before season ticket holders. If we get promotion and a new stadium we need to regenerate the Sussex fan base, which has been eroded for reasons we all know.

What we need to remember is that:

a) not everyone can afford to be a season ticket holder

b) work commitments and/or distance away means that not everyone can justify purchasing a season ticket

This doesn't make them any less a fan.

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
I don't care now I have my ticket but I share some of the views aired here. I thought the bloke queuing in his Chelsea shirt was taking the biscuit!! As for converting some people to regular supporters, we took 36,000 to Wembley in 1991, where did they all go after that??????

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When Falmers built, Season tickets should be allocated according to the applicants past attendance to BHA games. Those with evidence of previous season tickets will be first. Then those that have attended away games - those who attended away games in the third division will be look upon more favorably, as will those that travelled the furthest. Then those who went to home games will be considered. Only then will those that haven't attended a brighton game be proceesed.

We dont wont lots of new fans coming out of the wood work just because we've got a fancy new stadium :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here