Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 Seasons at Withdean

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is amazing how long we have been there now.....

I never dreamt that we would still be here, when I saw the Forest friendly.

Didn't one of our players get substituted instead of getting sent off? I seem to remember something like that......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Withdean was also host to the very first goal of the Millennium, was it not. Thats HISTORIC, that is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Easy 10 said:
Withdean was also host to the very first goal of the Millennium, was it not. Thats HISTORIC, that is.

We were the only club that kicked off at one o'clock, weren't we?

Freeman could have been a legend. Hatrick on debut, first goal of the milenium, but.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought it was earlier than that - didn't he score within the first 5 ?

Woodchip said:
I reckon we'll finish between 10th and 15th, and go up through the play-offs the following year.

I hope it isn't going to be like when we went down after the old Div 2 (now the Championship) Playoffs and it was a slow decent down Div 2 (now league 1) and into Div 3.

How many players will leave the club if we go down, mainly due having a relegation clause?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
I hope it isn't going to be like when we went down after the old Div 2 (now the Championship) Playoffs and it was a slow decent down Div 2 (now league 1) and into Div 3.

How many players will leave the club if we go down, mainly due having a relegation clause?

Probably the same as three seasons ago, we survived then and at that point Falmer was much farther off than now.

Still you could always watch Aussie Rules.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Unfortunately like this season, the chronic lack of goals next season is likely to be our downfall. Mid table at best if McGhee is in charge

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Unfortunately like this season, the chronic lack of goals next season is likely to be our downfall. Mid table at best if McGhee is in charge

Mid table at best whoever's in charge.Not much different this season whoever had been in charge,for reasons stated in many previous posts.

Now,whilst on the subject of Withdean,and the long road ahead to Falmer,....................

................How about a ground share at Pompey/Southampton???

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
LANGDON SEAGULL said:

I've got a feeling CKR will score shedloads in League one next season ! (for us obviously)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hadlee said:
I've got a feeling CKR will score shedloads in League one next season ! (for us obviously)

Yes. We have seen the goals he can score when he has time on the ball. He will have far more time on the ball, down in League One, (if we go down;) )

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
BarrelofFun said:
Yes. We have seen the goals he can score when he has time on the ball. He will have far more time on the ball, down in League One, (if we go down;) )

I'm not sure he will have more time on the ball ! but look how easy Leon used to find space and outpace League one defences, CKR has just as much pace & skill and also is physically bigger and stronger than Leon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here