Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7.49pm and 3.04pm

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Does it really matter if the game starts 5 mins late? Will it really affect your day that much? Will your mummys be angry if you miss your curfew by 5 mins?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Does it really matter if the game starts 5 mins late? Will it really affect your day that much? Will your mummys be angry if you miss your curfew by 5 mins?

Quite. Unbelievable thread.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's not a question of just 5 minute though. It doesn't bother me now but in the days when I lived in London, a late finish was a pain as it meant missing the fast train and not getting a train home until gone 10.00 - which meant getting home at nearly midnight - over an hour later than I'd have been if the game had finished on time.

It's all right for students but for those of us with work the next day, it was a right pain.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is a guy in The North Stand that has to leave to catch his lift home bang on 4.45pm. I think it probably matters to him that the game doesn't even start on time!!!

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
Last night the late start was actually quite useful.

Having arrived at the bottom of Mill Road at 7.10, we still missed kick off as there were no busses!

Yes they were great bowlers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Last two Brighton kick off times.

Sort it out for fucks sakes, some of us have got homes to go to you know!!!

Last night they didn't even start coming down the steps until 7.45pm. Do they need to invest in a new clock for the ref's changing rooms or something!!!

stop_whining_and_get_a_life.jpg

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It's not a question of just 5 minute though. It doesn't bother me now but in the days when I lived in London, a late finish was a pain as it meant missing the fast train and not getting a train home until gone 10.00 - which meant getting home at nearly midnight - over an hour later than I'd have been if the game had finished on time.

It's all right for students but for those of us with work the next day, it was a right pain.

So if there was more than 2 mins of injury time you would leave to get the fast train?

I know it canbe annoying missing trains but if your THAT desperate to get home early then you wont mind missing the last few mins (which we would normally be 2-3 goals down by then anyway)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
but then we wouldn't have the Withdean 4

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So if there was more than 2 mins of injury time you would leave to get the fast train?

I know it canbe annoying missing trains but if your THAT desperate to get home early then you wont mind missing the last few mins (which we would normally be 2-3 goals down by then anyway)

Nah, this was in the early 2000s, we won most games then.

And there wasn't the problem with late finishes then, it's something that's happened in the last few seasons.

Mind you, my last evening game as a London resident was the Swindon play-off game, I didn't get back until after 1.00 that night - funnily enough, I wasn't bothered.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
some of you could do with a bit of travel, In The Carribean or most of the Med if a bus(for example) was timed to arrive at 3pm on Saturday, you'd be lucky if it turned up by Tuesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here