Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7.4 Billion!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
think if I had that kind of money it would be much more fun to take a small, even non-league club on, or a club with decent potential but chuff-all success historically.

Much more of a challenge, and more satisfying in the end if it comes off than buying a ready made big club like Chelsea.

Ignoring my obvious bias towards the Albion for a minute, imagine how big a club like, say, Plymouth Argyle or one of the Bristol clubs could be if you had the money to throw it at them, build a huge shiny new stadium & facilities and sign top players. With the size of the local population and/or catchment area, it would be interesting to see how much you could grow the club in a relatively short space of time.

Only problem is, the club becomes an instant figure of dislike among rival fans- witness the animosity towards Fulham when they were on the rise, or Blackburn when they bought the league, or even clubs like Rushden & Diamonds, Hornchurch and Grays at non-league level.

Still, if it was the Albion, i could live with it for the sake of winning the Premiership...

pigsinspace

Aug 31, 2005
Nothing like jealosy is there??

You are all just envious because he had the brains and the courage to make the money... so please shut up about it beloming to the Russians.. if the Russian govt believed that Im sure they have many ways to retrieve it.

Good Luck to him I just wish he was my Dad or realation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Northstander said:
What about giving some back for a shiny new West Pier?

:clap2: :clap2:

How about a fcuk off massive pier, with a 22,000 seater stadium at the end of it.

We could have park and ride boats.

And a heli-pad for the like of Dwayne and twatty, who apparently are loaded.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I made a few million once! Piece of cake!

Then I bet it all on a Glover "sure fire" winner! :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here