Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7.20 Hove to London Bridge

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I am going to need to get this again soon as I am moving back from London.

Is it busier now after the new timetable has been introduced?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
You'll have to change at Brighton as they don't do a direct service to London Bridge any more.

Still not a bad journey tho'...I had to make it today and there's nothing better than walking across the Thames on a sunny day!

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
My girlfriend takes the 7.16 (Littlehampton service) from Portslade station and that goes direct to London Bridge stopping at Hove. She said that if you are getting on at Hove, you will find it difficult to get a seat on some days.

At Portslade you're guaranteed to get a seat.

It may be worthwhile for you to get to Portslade if its semi practical and a seat is very important to you.

She does this trip most weekdays... She wishes you luck..:clap:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Expect it will be late most morning and evening trains seem to be late at the moment

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Expect it will be late most morning and evening trains seem to be late at the moment

Agreed the Southern train service is pants since the new timetable.

Won't help their cause in retaining the franchise either.

Apart from the 7.20 which goes to London Bridge!
It's as busy as it always was.

Indeed. Plus a good choice of return trains at 1657, 1742 and 1812.
Don't you find it incredibly annoying when posters like supaseagull put info on here without bothering to check its accuracy? People like you and I end up having to do the work for him and waste time posting corrections. What a selfish 'tard!

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The whole system is a shambles from top to bottom. Prices have gone up, but services have decreased (believe it or not). Oh for a public transport system that delivers and is affordable. One of the failings of this government.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Thanks guys.

Really not looking forward to it and I might take up the suggestion fo getting to Portslade in the morning.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

They've actually done something sensible on my line (Uckfield). They've moved the service forward (which is a bit of pain for me) and removed all the crappy stops in between E Croydon and Oxted. They've added an additional East Grinsted service shortly after which does stop at the crappy stops thus meaning the services are rammed all the way down the line.

Like I say, bringing it forward hasn't done me personally any favours as it makes it more of a rush to get but from an overcrowding point of view much more sensible.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My girlfriend takes the 7.16 (Littlehampton service) from Portslade station and that goes direct to London Bridge stopping at Hove. She said that if you are getting on at Hove, you will find it difficult to get a seat on some days.

At Portslade you're guaranteed to get a seat.

It may be worthwhile for you to get to Portslade if its semi practical and a seat is very important to you.

She does this trip most weekdays... She wishes you luck..:clap:

I get this train every day from Shoreham and it is getting busier every week. It will be standing from Portslade soon - great value at over 4k a year. The 17:42 evening train is now packed most nights too, when they can be bothered to put on 12 coavhes and not 8.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Don't think I've been on a train this year that has been on time. Have had to stand all the way from LB to Shoreham twice too.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Indeed. Plus a good choice of return trains at 1657, 1742 and 1812.
Don't you find it incredibly annoying when posters like supaseagull put info on here without bothering to check its accuracy? People like you and I end up having to do the work for him and waste time posting corrections. What a selfish 'tard!

Why don't you get off my back you troll. Over the past week you've done nothing but pick up on my posts and make stupid pathetic comments about them.

You're an attention seeking prat!!! If you don't like what I write then do what I usually do to yours and ignore them.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Up until the beginning of this week I was catching that train to London Bridge (0700 from West Worthing) and was guaranteed my pick of seats as the train was virtually empty at that time. By Shoreham it was filling up but at Portslade you could still get a seat. The train filled right up at Hove and was standing room only for the hour+ remaining on the journey. I could never understand why more Hoveites didn't get a train to Portslade and get on the train there.

I started working from home this week because £92.60 (up from £85 before Christmas) was too much for me to find each week, especially as it was arriving half an hour late into London Bridge every day since they changed the timetable.

Seems to me that we have swapped eternal signal failure at Barnham (which Southern and Railtrack eventually sorted out) for late arrivals due to track congestion as the reason for being late for work!

Jul 26, 2004
Next Door
I might need to do London Bridge in the mornings. Can anyone explain for me what the Gatwick Express rules are. I see that if you catch an early train from Preson Park it will be the Gatwick Express to Haywards Heath where you then need to change. Can you get a ticket that allows you to use the Gatwick Express and First Capital Connect/Southern? Or does it cost a fortune. Life used to be much easier. See a train, get on it....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I might need to do London Bridge in the mornings. Can anyone explain for me what the Gatwick Express rules are. I see that if you catch an early train from Preson Park it will be the Gatwick Express to Haywards Heath where you then need to change. Can you get a ticket that allows you to use the Gatwick Express and First Capital Connect/Southern? Or does it cost a fortune. Life used to be much easier. See a train, get on it....

Just get on and blag it mate. I get the Gatwick Express from Brighton to Victoria every day, and loads of people get "caught" with the wrong ticket, but they always seem to get away with it. Guess it's probably because it's new and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here