Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7,000 sold for cup 800 sold for Birmingham

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Do you know if that included the 3K+ 1901 members, or was that the number of people who attended?

Pay on the Gate, at the Amex? That's a turn up, is this a permanent thing, or just for this game?
You can now pay on the day for all games, they are installing kiosks into the north stand shop elevation to better facilitate this.

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
They probably pay Royal Mail by the sack load, so they aren't going to throw 50 tickets into a sack that can fit 500. They just seem to wait until two days before the match and then get RM to turn up and collect 2-3 sack in this case) in one go.

But if you only had 50, they could ask Doris in Admin to sling them in an ordinary post box on her way home. No need to pay RM any more than the price of the stamp/frank.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Really? It would be pretty daft to have to staff the catering outlets and steward every area of the ground.

Of course it would be, hence why they are not available... That doesn't stop me wanting to sit there though. East Lower is where my season ticket is; but I like to use cup games to experience the other areas of the ground. I've never been in the upper tiers.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I can't believe people are criticising a 7k crowd for tomorrow devening, only a short time ago that would have been considered a cracking crowd for a league game, it will also no doubt be a bigger crowd than 95% of the 1st Round games.

I am sure by Saturday 3pm there will be over a thousand of us in attendance, away audiences at Brimingham are always smaller due to the unbelievably poor surroundings of St Andrews, one of the most impverished areas of the whole country. Those of you going please keep your wits about you around the stadium.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I can't believe people are criticising a 7k crowd for tomorrow devening, only a short time ago that would have been considered a cracking crowd for a league game, it will also no doubt be a bigger crowd than 95% of the 1st Round games.

I am sure by Saturday 3pm there will be over a thousand of us in attendance, away audiences at Brimingham are always smaller due to the unbelievably poor surroundings of St Andrews, one of the most impverished areas of the whole country. Those of you going please keep your wits about you around the stadium.

Seriously?

Edit: the part about fans keeping their wits about them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seriously?

Edit: the part about fans keeping their wits about them.

Small Heath is one of the most deprived areas in the whole country, Blues fans also have a habit of picking out opposition fans as they mix together when they come out of the away end. It's not one I'd like to do again in a hurry. if you are going I'd advise to drink in the city centre and then a taxi in and out of Small Heath staying for the game only.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It doesn't help that they have not opened the North.

I know a fee who sit in the west who were thinking of going just to sample the North but aren't bothering now.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Small Heath is one of the most deprived areas in the whole country, Blues fans also have a habit of picking out opposition fans as they mix together when they come out of the away end. It's not one I'd like to do again in a hurry. if you are going I'd advise to drink in the city centre and then a taxi in and out of Small Heath staying for the game only.

I agree it is deprived but I've never had/seen any trouble on the occasions I have been there.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
How many home fans watched the Gillingham league cup tie exactly 3 years ago?

That's the one to compare to, to observe any changes in interest by Albion fans?

18,000. It was only the second competitive game at the Amex and we were very much a club on the up back then.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I thought Gillingham was about 12-14k , however that's not a fair comparison as it was our first season and many people just wanted to see the ground.

I think the low attendance v Cheltenham is because of only EL and WL being open so will be no atmosphere and the performance v sheff wed didn't help either.

Re Birmingham away. I went last year and enjoyed it! Wasn't it where we got our first win under Oscar. But can understand why people aren't going. Poor legroom there when sitting and we have closer away games this year like Fulham and Brentford

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I cant make it due to work but I wouldn't go anyways, Ive paid for 2 season tickets for years and make away games now and again, but TBH this year with the price hikes, lack of investment in players and all the corporate sh!t, I just feel like fu*k it why bother paying however much it is for 2 tickets on a Tuesday night to watch Cheltenham when I feel like the club are taking the piss.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I never saw any trouble at Brum couple seasons ago, but then again they only had about 12 fans haha

Anyone else at the game 2 seasons ago, do you remember when that bird in away end near us started calling us 'queers' or something original, and the whole of our away end just started pointing at and chanting at her, she wanted to disappear into her seat :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here