Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6th ODI India vs England

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good bowling performance from what I saw. Does it strike anybody else that Anderson only really successfully bowls 3 balls an over. The othes are always wayward or in the slot.

Hope Matty can put in a good innings today, I reckon the gloves could be his in these ODI's if he can push on to some bigger scores.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Were his catches any good, Chappers?

On recent showings, I would be very tempted to keep Matty in the ODI and maybe let Read and Jones battle it out for the tests. Read ebing my preference. Keepers can win you matches with runs saved and wickets taken.

I think your point about Jimmy is spot on. He seems to lose focus and to be a world class bowler he needs at least a 5 ball over.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Were his catches any good, Chappers?

On recent showings, I would be very tempted to keep Matty in the ODI and maybe let Read and Jones battle it out for the tests. Read ebing my preference. Keepers can win you matches with runs saved and wickets taken.

I think your point about Jimmy is spot on. He seems to lose focus and to be a world class bowler he needs at least a 5 ball over.

Pretty regulation but you've got to take them. He showed good reflexes at the end of the innings when Anderson nearly threw one for four in a run out attempt and one that bounced and was edged very high which he managed to stop. He looked to be enjoying himself which is always a good sign with Matt.

Saying that about Anderson, his figures are pretty good!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My limited knowledge of cricket has led me to this.

Surely you would rather have a very good wicketkeepr who is an average batsman than an average wicketkeeper who can knock off high scores?

Jones good have cost England the ashes with some woefull blunders while keeping wicket.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Great start from these two...

49/0 from 8.4 overs.

Bell 23*
Strauss 23*

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Classic BBC blunder!!

5th over: The crowd are staying fairly quiet at Jamshedpur and the unpleasant heat could be to blame as there is so little shade on the concrete terracing. Ominously a black crowd looms in the distance - and thunderstorms have been forecast - but conditions stay sunny for now

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
19.5 Harbhajan Singh to Bell, OUT: finally the breakthrough! quicker
delivery, the one that holds its line after hitting the deck, Bell
plays for the spin and the ball kisses the outside edge, Dhoni
holds on well to a fairly hard chance, England one down.

107/1

Don't PANIC!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mmm, Matty's dropped down the order.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
There were some amusing scenes earlier orchestrated by Prior. Dhoni was gettign drinks and physio almost every over so it looked like the England players, wanting to show they were fit and could take the heat, decided to lead some exercises at the end of each over. Prior started doing star jumps, Colly performed some admirable press ups and fatboy Blackwell did the odd lunge ! Amused me anyway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seagull over NZ said:
There were some amusing scenes earlier orchestrated by Prior. Dhoni was gettign drinks and physio almost every over so it looked like the England players, wanting to show they were fit and could take the heat, decided to lead some exercises at the end of each over. Prior started doing star jumps, Colly performed some admirable press ups and fatboy Blackwell did the odd lunge ! Amused me anyway.

Missed that!

:lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
Dunno

but when Blackwell did get in he didn't 'alf TONK it about

game over

England win by 5 wickets, piece of piss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here