Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6th August 2011

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is anyone else otherwise occupied on that date?

:cry: A Bath wedding ensures that Barrel of Fun will not be at the first game at Amex (assuming we do have a home tie that day - 99.9% certain?).

Drat and damnations :tantrum:

If we are at home that day, you must find some excuse! Can you not just turn up at the reception very late or something? Don't know how you can miss what will undoubtedly be one of the greatest days in the club's history - I would never forgive myself (it was bad enough when I missed the Man City Carling Cup tie a couple of years ago!!). Massive sympathy if there's nothing you can do to get out of it.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My daughter's wedding the week before.
I gave her strict instructions not to marry on my 50th b/day (6th Aug) otherwise she'll have to find someone else to give her away.

It was touch and go for a while, but she saw sense in the end.

6th Aug 1961 was a good day, ELS!

What would you have done? Wedding or footy?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have to attend a wedding that day but luckily for me its a sikh wedding which means everything has to be done before 12 midday. Still its not the kind of build up i wanted before our big day, as its in f***ing Southall so hope all roads are clear.

Big TV game, 12.35 kick off?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What would you have done? Wedding or footy?

Put it this way, we could always have another daughter.
And there's always the video I could watch.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Get back from Turkey late on the Friday so I won't miss it. All planned out.
Definitely a home game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I feel quite relaxed about missing the first game at the moment, but I know my mood will change.

Far too difficult to do both and the couple in question are very good friends (or at least, were). A cottage has been booked for me and seven others for the Friday and Saturday evening. :nono:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I feel quite relaxed about missing the first game at the moment, but I know my mood will change.

Far too difficult to do both and the couple in question are very good friends (or at least, were). A cottage has been booked for me and seven others for the Friday and Saturday evening. :nono:

I'm in the same boat mate, the first one of my mates is getting married so really can't miss it.

The worst bit was the way he told me. We were talking about the new stadium, he'd driven past it a couple of days before, and said he'd like to come along for a game and asked when it opened. I told him 6th August will be the first game and we should try and get him a ticket for that. Then he dropped the bombshell that that was his bloody wedding day! :rant:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'd miss my own wedding so that I could go to the first game at Falmer. :shrug:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
we've got an 2nd XI match thats ends on the 5th i *THINK*....maybe the 6th....I'll find out tomorrow!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is anyone else otherwise occupied on that date?

:cry: A Bath wedding ensures that Barrel of Fun will not be at the first game at Amex (assuming we do have a home tie that day - 99.9% certain?).

Drat and damnations :tantrum:

You have my sympathy BoF, I was at a wedding on the day of that Hereford game and as I was best man, I couldn't really get out of it. What made it worse was that it was in Wales, just about 40 miles from Hereford.

And a mate got married on the day of Brighton's first game in the 1st Division - I didn't go to that, not too many of his mates did.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Hols now booked for a couple of weeks from 11 Aug. Why can't the close season coincide with school holidays???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here