Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6th August 2011

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is anyone else otherwise occupied on that date?

:cry: A Bath wedding ensures that Barrel of Fun will not be at the first game at Amex (assuming we do have a home tie that day - 99.9% certain?).

Drat and damnations :tantrum:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It better be your own wedding. Or one of a partner who thought she'd pushed you to your death down a scottish mount, now living a second life and intending to marry a rich jew, that you have dreamt of administering revenge against for the last 6 years with the collapse of her wedding and cudgelling her crooked head in.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My daughter's wedding the week before.
I gave her strict instructions not to marry on my 50th b/day (6th Aug) otherwise she'll have to find someone else to give her away.

It was touch and go for a while, but she saw sense in the end.

6th Aug 1961 was a good day, ELS!

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
I have to attend a wedding that day but luckily for me its a sikh wedding which means everything has to be done before 12 midday. Still its not the kind of build up i wanted before our big day, as its in f***ing Southall so hope all roads are clear.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Bollocks to that. Still I haven't had to negotiate my way out of a wedding so it's easy for me to talk. All I had to do was convince Mrs F to move our holiday to France to late August. I will miss a game or two but not the SACRED FIRST.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we are promoted this season a strong possibility our first game at falmer will be televised,as the premier league. does not start until a week later that could mean the first game may be on Sunday the 7th.Before the charity shield

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'm bound to be on holiday on that date as I am every year until late August:cry:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The third week is likely to be me away in edinburgh but i've made it clear i'll scrap that holiday, i'll scrap everything to be there on that one date, that one match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They can always get married again.
But there will NEVER be a first game at the Amex again. Ever.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Anyway, what makes you so sure that the first game of the season will be home?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here