Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6th August 2011

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
... is the magic date Martin Perry said we should put in our diary for the first game at Falmer - Pride and the Football League Fixtures computer notwithstanding.

I guess you could run the whole range of emotions from A-Z and back again, but even now - we're now two years (minus one day) out from that date - how do you think you'll be feeling that day? Excited, sleepless night the night before, relieved, drunk, indifferent?

Over to you.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Getting more excited by the day. It's so hard to believe that after all this time we will have our own home again in a proper football stadium. And an impressive one at that.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
For me it will be a mixture of sadness and joy. Joy, because we have a home at last and we can start being a proper football team again. Sadness, because it wont be for another year that I will move back to the UK and Brighton.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think I might be a little tearful, to be honest. I just wish I could be going to that game with my dad........

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As a lad I stood on the chicken run at the Goldstone, I watched the old wooden West Stand being knocked down and a magnificent steel replacement being built.
As I got older and the novelty of standing in the rain wore off I saved my money and graduated to a season ticket in the West Stand.
Now I suppose I have to go through the whole process again, but this time I have to find the money for Jnr. Skippers ticket as well.
We were in the Third Division South back then, a lot has happened in the meantime, up, down and up and down again. Chucked out , temporary home, long term temporary home and thanks to Dick and Tony and lots of others, fantastic new home. And here we are in the...... same division? FFS. Happy Days.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Those GAYERS can f*** RIGHT OFF if they stop us having the opening game of the season at Falmer.

but suerely there will be a couplew of "ramp up" games before the official opening.

So it miht be like the return to Withdean where BHa had alkready played at Withdean by the time of the first league game v Mansfied.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
As I said last night it won't happen because of Pride. We need to get our cross dressing ing friends to move the date and move it now. Or get the event booked in with the Police first.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think I might be a little tearful, to be honest. I just wish I could be going to that game with my dad........

:( Thats one of the saddest thingsrelated to the Albion. Those who won't see falmer.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Arrangements

We all know the Football League 'can' fix the fixtures when necessary to suit circumstances. Maybe the club should already be talking to the FL, Sussex Police and the Pride organisers. As someone who has attended Pride for its comedy/fun value I have to agree that those 'Pink Pooftahs can f**k right off on this occasion!':dance:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here