Votes: 7 8.9%
  • I wasn't there and I still wept

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Crying? f*** off...

Votes: 38 48.1%

• Total voters

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I didn't cry til afterwards which surprised me really. I usually get very emotional about the albion. However I'm completely unemotional about most other things. When ET was getting ready to get on his flying saucer or whatever the f*** it was and go home, I laughed and said "Go on then son, do one!". I thought everyone else was crying because the film was so shit.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wouldn't say full on tears, but as GOSBTS was belting out, and the flags were waving, my eyes were wet, and the lump in my throat nearly choked me.

This was precisely the point where I was welling up too. To use an old NSC phrase - MARVELLOUS SCENES!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
bad decision!

I was very emotional but managed not to cry.

apart from the usual kids being born stuff, it was quite simply the best day of my life!

It wasn't my choice :nono:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Piss off all of you.

I was at a WEDDING.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Had a slight tear in the eye as the teams came onto the pitch. Really think that is my best moment in the 33 years of supporting the Albion.
If we ever get to the premiership that may be a close second but don't think anything will better that moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought I'd completed my own personal journey to the Amex somewhere between the SSC Final and the Spurs game, but I was wrong and I blubbed a wee bit in the pre-match build up - most notably the highlights reel they played (and indeed, still do) with the flags and the noise etc.

In fact that highlights reel still gets me quite emotional at games now. There have been so many incredible moments from the last 30 years or so, and it just sort of sums up the massively important place the Albion has had, and still has, in my life.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So was I, and reading this just makes me die inside just that little bit more.

Yup. I convinced myself that the Spurs game would do. It WAS special for me, but clearly not the same.

When I checked my phone and saw Buckley 98', I had a strange mixture of happiness and being absolutely GUTTED.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Had a slight tear in the eye as the teams came onto the pitch. Really think that is my best moment in the 33 years of supporting the Albion.
If we ever get to the premiership that may be a close second but don't think anything will better that moment.

It was certainly (to my surprise) my best moment supporting the Albion in 40 years. That includes cup semi-finals, finals and various promotions along the way. Nothing could beat the relief of when we escaped relegation against Hereford but nothing comes close, for me, to that moment when Buckley scored in the 98th minute. That capped an absolutely perfect day, the emotion at finding ourselves in our new home, the fantastic atmosphere and then the icing on the cake with that stunning finish!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
brighton_and_hove_albion_5367226.jpg
:albion2:Couldn't cry. Way too gobsmacked taking it all in!:lol::):cheers:

Could not believe me F@@@@@G eyes!!!!!!!!

Closest thing I could liken it to, was seeing MY team walk out at WEMBLEY in the FA CUP FINAL.

And ........

it was my brother's birthday........................... and he was standing next to me!:kiss:

and a 98th minute WINNER.

Just the BEST day EVER

WHAT A DAY!

Last edited:

Yup. I convinced myself that the Spurs game would do. It WAS special for me, but clearly not the same.

When I checked my phone and saw Buckley 98', I had a strange mixture of happiness and being absolutely GUTTED.

It was my daughters wedding, I even asked her to move it but alas the lady was not for turning.

My other daughters husband is a season ticket holder also and he went to the game after the service, I blubbed when he drove out of the car park to go to the game, and the little bastard never gave me the flag that was on my seat and let his sister keep it.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Didn't cry a bit. But the grin on my face lasted for a couple of months and it comes back every time I watch the highlights of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here