glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
never go back..........................ask Alan Mullery

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Definitely. Only left because the contract he was offered was half what he could be getting elsewhere and at the time the club were hardly ambitious.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never truly understood all the criticism

Same as when we had Henderson in goal, I liked him alot and he got stick for what I perceive as him replacing kuipers?

Would love him back

This.................... now that knight is not able to play as manager he may well come back.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hold on a minute, people. Ignore all the Southampton stuff, and this apparent crowd gesture thing at Withdean. I would happily bypass all that if I thought he was worth it as a player.

But he was no legend: he was no more than a fairly average midfielder in a terrible Albion side. I'm amazed he made it as far as the Championship with Saints, but no doubt Wendy had plenty to do with that. He will be WAY out of his depth in the Premier League, and he's nothing in the Championship. When Adkins bins him- which he will-he isn't going to be beating Championship suitors off with a stick.

If our ambition points no higher than Dean Hammond, I would be MASSIVELY disappointed.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Yes, if we got him and put in a few solid determined performances and handles the media the right way, all will be forgotten. At the I still think he is a massive dick, what was he thinking...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
not after "that" celebration at Withdean...so out of the blue and uncalled for, went down a lot in my estimation...when he was with us he was one of my favourites!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm amazed he made it as far as the Championship with Saints, but no doubt Wendy had plenty to do with that.

Thats what managers and coaches do, they use their own assessments and experience and sign players they think might offer their team an advantage.

The players we sign this season, no doubt Poyet will 'have plenty to do with that' too !!

If you want to dislike a player, fine, but use some logic.

Hammond would have enhanced his reputation in the last couple of years, so I would suspect he will have a few Championship sides interested if he were to leave Southampton.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hold on a minute, people. Ignore all the Southampton stuff, and this apparent crowd gesture thing at Withdean. I would happily bypass all that if I thought he was worth it as a player.

But he was no legend: he was no more than a fairly average midfielder in a terrible Albion side. I'm amazed he made it as far as the Championship with Saints, but no doubt Wendy had plenty to do with that. He will be WAY out of his depth in the Premier League, and he's nothing in the Championship. When Adkins bins him- which he will-he isn't going to be beating Championship suitors off with a stick.

If our ambition points no higher than Dean Hammond, I would be MASSIVELY disappointed.

I could have written this word for word :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here