Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6ff Miidfielder

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given that Gus has said he wants a 6ft midfielder would us fans accept Hammond back. Never liked him when with us because he played across the pitch rather than up and down but I think that he has developed his game while at Saints and now plays how we want and need a man, going up and down defence to attack. Still worried about his tackling on the edge of our box though so would need to keep Bridcutt for that.

Spelt the title wrong how do I adjust it.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only take him back if he explains what the f*** he was doing at Withdean after he scored against us. Was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very good player, but hasn't he kinda burnt his bridges with us?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think it was because he plays for and gets paid by Southampton FC and also got a lot of stick rightly or wrongly from Brighton fans.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
In an absolute heartbeat - trouble is would he be willing to accept rotation with the players we've already got?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Saints will give him this season in the Premier League but yes, I would definitely have him back. He has a positive track record at this level in the role we need.

Heroes going back for a second bite of the cherry rarely works (and yes I know that there are occassional exceptions like Foster and Ward) but Hammond would hardly be returning as anyone's favourite player would he.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was my favourite player, before he left.

I'd happily have him back.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Would not like to see him back personally.
Like others have said before, I don't recall him playing many forward passes, a lot of Crab Football - we already have Bridcutt playing a similar role to what Hammond did at Brighton.

What's happened to Liam Trotter. I thought the Nigels were putting down a £2 million bid for him?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Never truly understood all the criticism

Same as when we had Henderson in goal, I liked him alot and he got stick for what I perceive as him replacing kuipers?

Would love him back

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't want him back. If he was a world beater then I'd find a way of forgiving him for that Withdean jeering episode (I'm fickle like that). But he's not, so no thanks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would think it was because he plays for and gets paid by Southampton FC and also got a lot of stick rightly or wrongly from Brighton fans.

Eh? He got a good ovation (applause when name read out) then when he scored he ran straight over to the South Stand to tell them repeatedly to f**k off. It made no sense whatsoever.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Like others have said before, I don't recall him playing many forward passes, a lot of Crab Football

You my friend are the exact reason England could not keep possession for long periods last night.

You and others, are likely to have a frustrating time following BHA with Gus in charge, it will be very crab like at times.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Will never forgive Hammond for that night and I honestly think we can do better anyway.

We shouldn't have to be signing Southampton's cast offs.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Will never forgive Hammond for that night and I honestly think we can do better anyway.

We shouldn't have to be signing Southampton's cast offs.

Likely we will either sign Prem league cast offs or Prem league hopefuls.

Unless Poyet can pull rabbits out of hats. like Vicente.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Likely we will either sign Prem league cast offs or Prem league hopefuls.

Unless Poyet can pull rabbits out of hats. like Vicente.

I know, don't mind me.. I'm still quite bitter about our south coast neighbours. Of course, if TWATkins (ok doesn't really work but it gets the point across) wants to flog us Schneiderlain, I'd be delighted for us to take him off their hands.

Hammond on the other hand, thanks but no thanks.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Allegedly, rumour has it he deliberately got sent off in his last game for us (V Oldham), in order to fully recover from an injury he had, because he knew he was leaving by the end of the month.

Regardless, his immense over reaction during that match at Withdean cost him a lot of goodwill many had for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here