Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

65p for a argus !!!!!!

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Am I not right in thinking its gone up 20p since Friday, that's a heck of a big jump for a daily paper especially a local one.

They ain't getting my money !!!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
So it has. Just bought mine a few other bits from my local shop & never noticed. Must say,that's a steep increase 44.4% ! :(

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see they have started retweeting readers' (positive) comments about the paper today, presumably to counter the flak they will take over the price hike

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You cant read the backpages now - apart from the very back page, sport has been stuck in the middle.

WH Smiths at the station wrongly charged me the old price. Having now read the new quality version, I would say it was overpiced at that old level.

I would blame Naylor or Brian Owen - but that poor attempt at outraged woman who writes on a monday is certainly the first person I would dump from it to save money.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On Monday you will see a new 12-page sports supplement which we hope will match the ever-increasing profile and success of Brighton and Hove Albion. It will also include more local, grass root sport.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
On Monday you will see a new 12-page sports supplement which we hope will match the ever-increasing profile and success of Brighton and Hove Albion. It will also include more local, grass root sport.

So everyone is now paying for the success of the club and the sports argus not selling at the weekend great !!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I bought it today, and thought sports section was ok. I will probably just get it monday and friday now rather than every day. I like to support the local rag but I can see it turning into some mini-Daily Mail full of people moaning about parking all the time. Imo Naylor and Owen do a good job and it will only be big Albion news days that get me interested in the paper.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Has Paul Barber got a part time role at the Argus too, then?

:jester:

Well the editor is called BEARD so another hair link

They are both BALD

The price has gone up whilst offering LESS

They claim to have CONSULTED with their customers

They both ATTRACT about 25k customers

They are both POOR at communication and need several attempts to GET the message across

The similarities are ENDLESS

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Had a quick flick through to find out if the 20p increase was worth it & it's not, never known a newspaper to increase a jump of 20p in one go usually it goes up 2p a time probably just buy it on a Monday now just for all the football round ups over the weekend

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I only ever buy it during the season on a Monday (or after a game) so the price increase will make no difference to me. And if the sport section on a Monday is better then it is a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here