Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

640 dead in Bagdad

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
swindonseagull said:
nothing constructive to say Brighton boy??

then say nothing...

The only person to come on here and say nothing constructive is you. 99% of people on here think what you said shows total disregard for human life, so as far as i, and probably plenty of others think the only person who should be saying NOTHING is you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think any large loss of life wherever is very sad.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Hm. Would you have the same lack of concern if it was a stampede at Lourdes, or if it had been a football ground which was panic-evacuated? The fact they are generic "ragheads" does not make them a better or more palatable target.

Drop it down to a more realistic size, and transpose it to the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley. 80000 people queueing up outside, and a remote device is activated, driving the crowd back in one direction, where another remote device is waiting. In the panic, 80 people are killed. Would you have compassion for them (ignoring the braindead response of "unless they were Palarse fans" which I know will come from somewhere).

The Large One said:
you spiteful piece of rubbish.

Swindon, you have the right to exercise your free speech on NSC, just as long as you realise this is what most people will think of you if you exercise it in this manner - that's the quid pro quo.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Drop it down to a more realistic size, and transpose it to the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley. 80000 people queueing up outside, and a remote device is activated, driving the crowd back in one direction, where another remote device is waiting. In the panic, 80 people are killed. Would you have compassion for them (ignoring the braindead response of "unless they were Palarse fans" which I know will come from somewhere).

Now we are in the realms of fantasy!!!

can you predict the future?

or are you giving militants ideas?

what if....what if?

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
windon, you have the right to exercise your free speech on NSC, just as long as you realise this is what most people will think of you if you exercise it in this manner - that's the quid pro quo.

as you might have noticed I do not care what others think of my thoughts..

its easy to shout names from behind the anonimity of the internet.. how would the people here react in a face to face debate?

what I have noticed is there are a reular bunch who post here (this is easy to see from the numbers of posts) and as soon as one guy says something the others jump on the wagon, its called pack mentality.
Read the entire thread I have been accused of not having anyone close to me die!! Ive been accused of being racist (considering my wife is asian and we have been married 23 years thats not very likley)

and the list goes on... some guys have sensible arguments but others just like to tag on with little sentances like" oh the prat is back" but I guess that is GCSE standard English.
At least if anyone want to join a debate please come up with something more constructive.

swindonseagull said:

Good for you - it's a somewhat odd trait that, not to care what others may think, but not as borderline sociopathic as your original comments.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
swindonseagull said:

its easy to shout names from behind the anonimity of the internet.. how would the people here react in a face to face debate?

what I have noticed is there are a reular bunch who post here (this is easy to see from the numbers of posts) and as soon as one guy says something the others jump on the wagon, its called pack mentality.
Read the entire thread I have been accused of not having anyone close to me die!! Ive been accused of being racist (considering my wife is asian and we have been married 23 years thats not very likley)

and the list goes on... some guys have sensible arguments but others just like to tag on with little sentances like" oh the prat is back" but I guess that is GCSE standard English.
At least if anyone want to join a debate please come up with something more constructive.

Sorry Swindon but you've not been confronted by any pack mentality but by people who feel that your comments are rather uncalled for. I would hazard a guess that I spend more time on this board than you do (nothing to be proud of I know) and more than a few of the posters are not the 'usual suspects' of the alleged pack mentality. Just because you have an Asian wife doesn't explain or indeed condone your original comment. The thing is that human life is sacred irrespective of race or creed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
swindonseagull said:
its not happened so therefore no need to answer.

You've got a short memory. 96 people died in Sheffield in 1989 at what was not admittedly a stampede, but at a gathering where many people were congregated, and there was a much greater proportion of 1 in 1,000 perishing. Having said that, the proportions are irrelevant. 96 or 1,000 - it's still an horrific thing to go through.

It's up to you if you don't care about 1,000 innocent people perishing through sheer panic. I just believe that it's an opinion no-one really needed to hear.

What you have accused the board of is that when someone says something, and others agree, it's a 'pack mentality', as though it hasn't occured to you that people just happen to independently think the same thing.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
swindonseagull said:
Now we are in the realms of fantasy!!!

can you predict the future?

or are you giving militants ideas?

what if....what if?

Nope - standard routine, employed by terrorists the world over. I was trying to point out that if you bring the situation closer to home, would it make you think any more deeply about it?

You have not posted anything worthy of "debate" as you call it - you have posted an emotion which was without structure, there was no reason for what you wrote, and you have yet to back it up. As for name-calling, and posing "what if you weren't hiding behind the internet", this invites the whole thread into the "yeah, and if you were here I would drop you" rubbish.

Start again. Why do you not feel sorry for the 1000 that died? Do you feel sorry for the 1000 that have died in the US following the storm? If not, why can you distinguish between the two, what are your reasons for allocating a lower life-value to one group than the other? At what point would you feel sorry - how close to home would the event have to be to cause you to feel sorrow over the death of 1000 people?

If you want to debate the issue, then try and rationalise your thoughts rather than turning on people who would like some more substance to your statement.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Whilst 1,000 people dying is obviously a tragedy, swindon does have a bit of a point. There are so many 'xxxx dead in Iraq/Palestine/Israel' headlines these days that one does just get desensitised to them and almost see them as the norm after a while.

Stumpy Tim

samparish said:
Whilst 1,000 people dying is obviously a tragedy, swindon does have a bit of a point. There are so many 'xxxx dead in Iraq/Palestine/Israel' headlines these days that one does just get desensitised to them and almost see them as the norm after a while.

But that doesn't excuse the comment "For some reason I do not feel sorry!!!" There's being de-sensitised & then not giving a monkeys. They are different

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
swindonseagull said:
Ive been accused of being racist (considering my wife is asian and we have been married 23 years thats not very likley)

I'm sure you're not a racist, but announcing you have an asian wife as testimony of that fact isn't much different from the old "I'm not racist, some of my friends are black" line.

Anyway, if this was a face to face debate I'd say the same thing as I posted on here ealier. Your original comments are, by definition, extremely callous.

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
At last some sensible comments rather than childish name calling..

is sky news callous? the stampede is now old news dropped to 30 seconds behind Katrina, Beslan, Micheal owen, JayLo and the weather.

same BBC.

YES I feel sorry for the victims of Katrina that is a natural disaster. NOT man (or religious) made.

one more question,
Please correct me if I'm wrong but..........

being a muslim means a person who practices and believes in Islam.

Islam is a religion.Not a race.

So please explain how there were racists comments made.

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
What's on the news is a different thing entirely to someone's personal feelings. The news is reporting, not feeling, and as callousness is all about a lack of feeling / sympathy in this type of situation, it can't really be used to describe a broadcaster's running order.

Saying that, if a reporter had summed up his on it by saying "but at the end of the day, I couldn't really give a crap" then that's a different thing entirely...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here