Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 60 Years ago today

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
As an aside my first game was Albion vs Palace in 1976. I was in the South stand surrounded by good natured Palace fans, there is no way that will ever be repeated.

The only explanation for that is (1) You were dressed as Father Christmas, or (2) You wore a bloody great Fedora a la Malcolm Allison.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only explanation for that is (1) You were dressed as Father Christmas, or (2) You wore a bloody great Fedora a la Malcolm Allison.

Whisper it but I did actually only go to that game to see what the fuss was about Peter Taylor on the wing and Malcolm Allison’s high flying team. I had only recently come to Brighton and had been a Spurs fan (from a distance) for 10 years.

It was only the second live game I’d ever seen and I was hooked, took me a couple of years to accept I was actually an Albion fan and no longer a Spurs one. It never crossed my mind to actually support Palace even though I had gone to watch them rather than the Albion :shrug:

I expect to get crucified here :down:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Whisper it but I did actually only go to that game to see what the fuss was about Peter Taylor on the wing and Malcolm Allison’s high flying team. I had only recently come to Brighton and had been a Spurs fan (from a distance) for 10 years.

It was only the second live game I’d ever seen and I was hooked, took me a couple of years to accept I was actually an Albion fan and no longer a Spurs one. It never crossed my mind to actually support Palace even though I had gone to watch them rather than the Albion :shrug:

I expect to get crucified here :down:

Oh the shame of it.:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here