Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 Trophys In 6 Years - What Was YOUR Favourite?

Your Favourite Out Of THE SIX?!

• County Championship 2003

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • County Championship 2006

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • County Championship 2007

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • C & G 2006

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • National League Divison 2 - 2005

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Pro40 Divison 1 2008

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We won the division two County Championship in 2001, I think. Either way, the county has been spoiled for silverware. I think it is a shame that the council have not done more to celebrate the success of Sussex CCC.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
A close call between the second championship win, those few days in Notts were imense... And the first championship, which was just ace.

That Friday in Nottingham was immense, from the half day’s cricket needed to finish them off, to beers in the pavilion, a session alcohol in the Stafford Haven, drinking with the team and the trophy in the Hilton (including Oaf catching Chris Adams as he fell off the table). The evening was topped off by Collina Cowling falling asleep in a curry house on the Mansfield Road.

How I made the train to get to Carlisle the next morning I will never know...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We won the division two County Championship in 2001, I think. Either way, the county has been spoiled for silverware. I think it is a shame that the council have not done more to celebrate the success of Sussex CCC.

Yeh we did, we beat gloushite, we also won the lords taverner trophy in Guernsey:dunce::yahoo:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
C&G final was a great day out and a stunning come back.
2007 was good for the tension, the afternoon in the pub and the atmosphere in the ground when the result came through!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having seen us come so close under Troutbeck in 1981, I honestly thought Sussex would never win the Championship in my lifetime. The first victory for me is therefore the proudest moment of them all. If you look at the money at our disposal compared to the likes of Wankashire and Slurry, it is the equivalent of Wigan winning the Premiership 3 times in 6 years, truly an astounding achievement, and congratulations should go to all at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here