Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 into 3 - Who Would You Pick?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A fluid frontline of Vicente, Barnes and Buckley, looks very tasty to me. The rest can provide variety from the bench for now.

I have been impressed by the movement and variety, especially with the support of Crofts from midfield. Bruno contrary to reports we received does have an attacking mindset and has played some wonderful through balls, plus I think Dicker will start, despite vying with CMS to be the boo boys current favourite.

From Gus's current starting XI the ones under pressure are Dunk (needs to cut out the errors to keep El-Abd at bay) and Calderon simply for not being left footed.

That all sounds correct/good to me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For me the big decision is weather it's two wide me or one and that will likely depend on the oppo. I prefer the one wide man switching wings regularly and can't fit a fag paper between Buckley and KLL then I'd go Barnes playing a little deeper and still got faith in CMS who will do much better with the improved service

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
In this day and age there is no such thing as "the starting 11", so I think more or less every player gets a look in at some stage.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CMS will start as long as he is fit.

Wether that changes when we get another strtiker in who knows.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Having ten minutes to kill with nothing but a pen and a bit of paper at hand, my thoughts naturally drifted towards the Albion. I think we would all agree that if fit, our starting 11 would consist of...

Kusczak

Bruno Greer EL Abd Bridge

Bridcutt

Vicente Crofts

? ? ?

I reckon there are SIX first team players fighting for those three positions

CMS
Lua Lua
Buckley
Noone
Barnes
NEW Striker

Who would YOU put in those positions and if you like, WHY?

Obviously the 3 who don't make it would probably take up 3 of the 7 bench seats leaving

Dicker
Sparrow
Harley
Agdestien
Dunk
Vincelot
Painter
Ankergren
Brezovan
Elphick
Calderon

to fight it out for just FOUR remaining spots!

Dilema...

However brilliant KLL is, I wouldn't start him. He's an impact player. I'd go Buckley, Barnes and CMS.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Lua Lua, Barnes, Buckley
....Vicente, Crofts.......
..........Bridcutt..........

So much THIS.

Perhaps a crude comparison, but I think Gus is trying to get us to play a formation like Spain or Barcelona with no true strikers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't know any more. I would start with Buckley definitely against all opposition. And Crofts and Vicente.

I am still not convinced about our central defence pairing whatever combination is played. My forecast is for Noone to score in the early games, although he is far from an automatic starter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here