Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6,000 to Barnsley?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just been checking on the last match of the season. They normally give 2,000 to away fans, but this can be extended to 6,000.

Suspect could be a binfest if we are in with a sniff of the playoffs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barnsley is a great last day fixture considering the number of tix they can offer. Only Coventry would have been better IMO. Actually Coventry have already had three away followings of 6,000 visit their ground this season - Leicester, West Ham and Birmingham.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
They give even more than that if needed as well. We sold the stand behind the goal out (6k) so they gave us some of the stand to the right of the away end as well, which was about 1,500. It's a cracking away day for that reason, they have some huge tent thing which sells booze quite close to Oakwell too.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Even if it's a do or die game to get in the play-offs we'll take 4000 at best.

Cant see more than 4,00 going, its a 12.30PM kick off in Yorkshire - im having to leave on a 5AM train for it and its generally the same from Brighton - could put people off.

Where ?

post #3

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Me and at least 6 others going, if points are required to make the play-offs. Will go up on the Friday though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
AwayFollowing2011-12.gif

Shows on there that their highest away attendance has been just over 5,000 from Leeds - shows theres over 3,000 if we take them so id be expecting these for general sale. I would have thought we would get 3,000 at first, then if those sell out then we would be given more.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I reckon I might well go whether or not we've got a playoff shout. Train's not horribly long, and quite cheap if you book in advance. Leave Brighton at 6am and get there at 10:40am, plenty of time to have a look around etc... Then train at 3:40pm, get back at 8:15pm. ~£20 each way with my railcard on an advance fair.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'll be going whatever but would've thought we'd easily take 6,000 if it's an important match. The only thing is, the tickets are likely to be on sale before the Brum match and we may not know how important it is until after.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Even if it's a do or die game to get in the play-offs we'll take 4000 at best.
Christ what are you on?
We would take 6k no probs if around the playoffs at that time,i recall us selling out with ease at grimsby(2500) and we had 2k+ without tickets there aswell.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Christ what are you on?
We would take 6k no probs if around the playoffs at that time,i recall us selling out with ease at grimsby(2500) and we had 2k+ without tickets there aswell.

As someone's pointed out 12.30 kick off and it's a long-trek, I just struggle to imagine us selling 6k!

Out of interest when was the last time we sold 6k away tickets for a league match?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As someone's pointed out 12.30 kick off and it's a long-trek, I just struggle to imagine us selling 6k!

Out of interest when was the last time we sold 6k away tickets for a league match?
When was the last time we was challenging for the prem?we took 5k to port vale even though we was already promoted,this is a diffrent kettle of fish and is simular to the 12k we took to newcastle in 79,the 12.30 kick-off isn't an issue when you're vying for a spot in the prem.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
the 12.30 kick-off isn't an issue when you're vying for a spot in the prem.

Will there be 6,000 people willing to get up incredibly early and have a very long day ? Would have to be the first trains of the day too, which isnt a bad thing as they are always the cheaper ones. I think we will get a good crowd though, but hopefully we have the play-offs in the bag before this game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will there be 6,000 people willing to get up incredibly early and have a very long day ? Would have to be the first trains of the day too, which isnt a bad thing as they are always the cheaper ones. I think we will get a good crowd though, but hopefully we have the play-offs in the bag before this game.

If it is a crucial match there will be at least 1,500 Albion fans who live up north at the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here