Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5pm, Saturday 19th February - Will Brighton Still Be TOP of League One?

top or not?

• Yes - Brighton will be top, Bournemouth on 53

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Yes - Brighton will be top, Bournemouth on 54

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Yes - Brighton will be top, Bournemouth on 55

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Yes - Brighton will be top, Bournemouth on 56

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • No - Bournemouth will be top on 56

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • No - Bournemouth will be top on 59

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
Two draws for Bumfluff, so, close but no cigar. Albion to remain top, with FOUR games in hand. :thumbsup:
I would love it if this happened. LOVE IT!

Head says they will get a win at Rovers and draw with Hudds.

it does matter though, i'd rather have the points than games in hand.
But that's how we ended up winning both of the last championships, taking advantage of our games in hand.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i've been worried about not having the points but having games in hand...
then i remembered we are f***ing brilliant and are top for a reason
lets not worry overly, only annoyance is a brief blow to prestige if bmuff sneak into top for a week like the pretenders they are

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
But that's how we ended up winning both of the last championships, taking advantage of our games in hand.

yeah but it dont help the nerves does it?! :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
win against Rovers then a choker against Huddersfield

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i've been worried about not having the points but having games in hand...
then i remembered we are f***ing brilliant and are top for a reason
lets not worry overly, only annoyance is a brief blow to prestige if bmuff sneak into top for a week like the pretenders they are

Even then, they wouldn't be there a week - just 3 days, until we play Plymouth...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We will still be top

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just been looking on the Bristol Rovers forum to see if there is any point in hoping that they might be able to turn it round in time for Tuesday night - the answer was a resounding NO CHANCE. They are resigned to another heavy defeat. Remarkably it seems that some fans have been turning on top scorer Will Hoskins and he has resorted to "offering them out" via Twitter. Seems he may have a dodgy hamstring but even if fit he probably won't be in the mood to give his all if that is the current state of play between him and the fans.

Hoskins - Bristol Rovers Fans Forum

Most Gas supporters seem resigned to going down and having to sell Hoskins - they value him at £600K which is a joke when you look at the fees the likes of Pitman, McQuoid, and Wright-Phillips. OK McLean and Austin went for more but that was in the final transfer window when prices are inflated and Bristol will need to sell in the summer to make ends meet. £200-£250K is more likely the going price I reckon if we were to go for him bearing in mind he didn't shine in the Championship for Watford.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
The Bmth angle....

Alright boys

Just thought I would give the red angle on this one - must come on here more often, you seem to know what you are on about!!

We should just make the play offs - even though Bradders has done well, we have definitely dropped off a bit recently, even though Bartley wasn't an amazing player, we have definitely missed his tracking back and hassling in midfield.

You lot and Southampton (in spurts) are the best sides in the division, I expect you to be top 2 by May. I think we will come in behind Hudders and Charlton.

But, we're safe already! None of us thought that would happen back in August :banana: not bad after losing 2 good strikers, an up and coming manager and Lge 1's Patrick Viera LOL...

Anyway - enjoy the cup run..Stoke isn't it? wrap up well!!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
As long as we are top in May I dont care.....there are no onus points for being top all season...in fact it might make us fall into a false sense of security...so Bmouth going top for a few days might be a good thing..

Beware Plymouth.......

All the press and media will notice the 4-5 games in hand so its no drama..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Alright boys

Just thought I would give the red angle on this one - must come on here more often, you seem to know what you are on about!!

We should just make the play offs - even though Bradders has done well, we have definitely dropped off a bit recently, even though Bartley wasn't an amazing player, we have definitely missed his tracking back and hassling in midfield.

You lot and Southampton (in spurts) are the best sides in the division, I expect you to be top 2 by May. I think we will come in behind Hudders and Charlton.

But, we're safe already! None of us thought that would happen back in August :banana: not bad after losing 2 good strikers, an up and coming manager and Lge 1's Patrick Viera LOL...

Hello.

I'm surprised you think you will drop down to 5th come the end of the season. I thought you'd be 3rd at worse. Would definitely prefer the top 2 to be Brighton and Bournemouth anyways

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Alright boys

Why the pessimism? You're doing fine: I hope that Brighton and Bournemouth are the top two and SCC are stuck in the play-offs - they may have some good players but they're far too erratic.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
rovers v bournemouth postponed, we'll still be top punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here