Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

52K a year for Tube driver's.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Silly money really. They must get stupid amounts of applications whenever they're recruiting.

Exactly what qualifications or experience do you need to drive an automated train?

Precisely that ! But we should all be thankful that the Trade Unions don't have as much clout as a generation ago ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do tube drivers still find an excuse to strike at Christmas?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

It's all very well you saying that but decent,hard working BRITISH taxpayers will be sick to the pits of their stomachs that these idol pigs are earning this sort of lottery win!
I'm so angry,you couldn't make it up,it beggars belief,what qualifications and responsibilities do the dinosaurs actually have?
We're all going to hell in a handcart!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's all very well you saying that but decent,hard working BRITISH taxpayers will be sick to the pits of their stomachs that these idol pigs are earning this sort of lottery win!
I'm so angry,you couldn't make it up,it beggars belief,what qualifications and responsibilities do the dinosaurs actually have?

I'm a decent hard working British taxpayer. Why do the likes of you have the arrogance to think you can speak on my behalf?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They get free public transport as well, tax-free. A tenth of my salary goes on tube fares, the amounts are crippling

Why not become a tube driver then? Problem solved.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Wouldn't tube passengers pay their wages rather than taxpayers?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Slightly ironically the average airline pilot First Officer gets about half that.

Where did you get that nugget of information from. From my experience as an aircraft engineer I've yet to meet a first officer on that little amount.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wouldn't want to work as a tube driver, even for that supposedly enormous amount. Just as i don't want to go around websites voicing my opinions of how overpaid some people are and that the knowledge of their wages is a sickener for free.
They get what they get and probably deserve it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't want to work as a tube driver, even for that supposedly enormous amount. Just as i don't want to go around websites voicing my opinions of how overpaid some people are and that the knowledge of their wages is a sickener for free.
They get what they get and probably deserve it.
I've no idea whether they deserve it or not but I do know that plenty of people earn far more for doing a lot less.

It's the way of the world. The tube drivers have a strong union, so they are well looked after. I don't think the outrage at their salaries is particularly well placed though. Presumably anyone can apply to be a tube driver, or indeed join the queue to do so...

I'm a decent hard working British taxpayer. Why do the likes of you have the arrogance to think you can speak on my behalf?

Sorry,just so f***ing angry,can't believe that these unskilled idiots are gonna be on 60 odd grand a year,university students work their bloody nuts off for what?
It's not right,these sort of people that do these jobs should not be so well rewarded,it's a joke.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The reason they get that is that is what the job is worth, if they paid less than that they wouldn't get the staff. If you think it is overpaid then go and apply and when you are working shifts starting or finishing any time of the day or night, working all public holidays to take the likes of you to football matches, subject to draconian alcohol restrictions far stricter than the driving limit so your social life is non existant then you may think it is not so well paid after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here