Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

52K a year for Tube driver's.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You must have tunnel vision to apply for a job on there!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Genuine question... why do they get twice as much as bus drivers?

I would much rather have a bus drivers' one armed tan, tan the pasty look of a underground driver.

In all seriousness, I would hate to spend my working life underground.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Right wing answer - I haven't got a clue. Don't they just push a few buttons and couldn't they just get rid of drivers all together. Bus drivers get more abuse and are at more danger than tube drivers.

Left wing answer - wrong question. You should be asking why Bus drivers only get half as much as tube drivers

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

A good question at that. I lived in Tottenham Hale for a year, and I watched in awe daily at the gaps the drivers managed to nonchalantly squeeze a double decker through. Add on top of that all the little pissed up chavs you get fighting all around you, it can't be all that fun.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Good point,as i understand it a tube driver does not really control the train (it can be stopped by signals/electronics) yet a bus driver does and that bus can well have 50/60/70 paasengers on it. No bus company or road system could/can stop a 'mad' driver.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Slightly ironically the average airline pilot First Officer gets about half that.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Silly money really. They must get stupid amounts of applications whenever they're recruiting.

Exactly what qualifications or experience do you need to drive an automated train?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here