Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50 points

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We did it on 16th March 1985 and 16th March 1991.

HOWEVER... this season it has taken us 32 matches. In 1984/85, it took us 31.

Under two points for a win, we would have had the equivalent of 50 points on 25th February 1978, after 29 matches - or better still 24th February 1979, after just 28 matches.

Statastic

Those who think less points will be safe are missing the point. 50 is the psychological barrier and now its arrived we can look up not down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember my good friend [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] turning around to me at some away game years ago and saying "we have enough points now." The club then proceeded to challenge his theory by losing pretty much all the remaining games. That said, there were very few games left.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I remember my good friend [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] turning around to me at some away game years ago and saying "we have enough points now." The club then proceeded to challenge his theory by losing pretty much all the remaining games. That said, there were very few games left.

In a similar vein, about 2 minutes from the end of the first game at Withers against Mansfield, I turned to my mate and said "we might hang on for a point here" - we were 6-0 up at the time, but I'm not one to count my chickens.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Wasn't last season at Walsall was it? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here