Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50 Cent: Utter !!!!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Re: Re: Re: Re: 50 Cent: Utter !!!!

Simster said:
Couple of points here. Firstly, I would argue that "get rich or die trying" is NOT the ethos you're suggesting. All that suggests is that you shouldn't lose sight of the aim of trying to get rich. It doesn't suggest to me that you should forego everything else in the persuit.

yes it does. he is advocating that you make a decision from two choices: getting rich or being dead. there is no half-way where you can be comfortable and happy. he would rather be anything other than poor (or not rich).

StaffsGull said:
Well FVCK ME, popular music in shock tactics.....

Been done 1000's of time before.

Most of Elvis' records in th 50's,
'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' etc in the 60's,
'God Save The Queen' and Punk in th 70's,
'Relax' , 'White Lines' in the 80's
Oasis in th 90's

yes, but the beatles never said 'stab one another in the back to get to the top', 'money is all that's important' or 'nothing matters as long as you're wealthy'. the beatles were visionaries. 50 cent is the biggest !!!! this planet has ever had the misfortune to be forced to tolerate. please never mention them in the same sentence again.

Sully's Moustache said:
"Get rich or die trying." Why so shocked TiD? This was the basis on which the electorate voted for Thatcher in 1979, 1983 and 1987. Hardly a new philosophy is it?

absolutely not. thatherism was not quite as extreme but equally abhorrant. using this hate-figure is not the best way of defending 28p.

Scotty M said:
shit music, shit person. matter of opinion of course

no. it is a fact that the world would be a better place if he - and more specifically, everything he stood for were forever removed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not up with what the kids are listening to, but I'm sure this is the same guy who caused a "mini riot" in Camden last year.

He was playing at MTV (possibly outside live), I work the other side of the road and came out to be met by a few hundred "gansta chavs", and saw at least one er.. knife'd up.

Obviously a great role model...

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's the old glorifying vs reporting on one's life angle but he has come out of it really badly. I mean think of all the old criminals in this country that have profiteered out of other peoples misery - the Krays, Dave Courtney, Howard Marks etc, I bet they wouldn't be as universally unpopular on a thread like this, I think people are pissed off cos fiddy cent has done it just so damn well out of it.

As for talent, I don't listen to his music everyday I'll admit but I dug out get rich or die trying the other day and I forgot how powerful and evocative it really is. He has charisma and the ability to touch millions of people - women, children, black, white and Asian- and for that, you gotta give him respect.

The ultimate irony in all this, is that, despite having millions in the bank. Fiddy rarely ventures out of his Connecticut mansion through fears for his safety, so the fame and wealth probably haven't brought him much of a great life many on here will be happy to hear.

Virgos Magician

Sep 13, 2004
Sydney
Sorry, but i cant stand 50, i dont mean to offend ppl who like that music, but can u really call that music, its a bloke whos been shot talking in a microphone with the same beat in the background, which every other person uses, as my friend said he aint talented, can he play guitar or drums ermmm NO! ,and then hes got 'The Game' all he says is that 'Im from Compton' :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: , WHO THE BLOODY HELL CARES, WE KNOW YOU ARE, YOU SAY IT A BILLION TIMES!!!. Sorry but i had to get my point across.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
dwayne said:
The ultimate irony in all this, is that, despite having millions in the bank. Fiddy rarely ventures out of his Connecticut mansion through fears for his safety,

aah, that makes me feel better.
:)

E

enigma

Virgos Magician said:
Sorry, but i cant stand 50, i dont mean to offend ppl who like that music, but can u really call that music, its a bloke whos been shot talking in a microphone with the same beat in the background, which every other person uses, as my friend said he aint talented, can he play guitar or drums ermmm NO! ,and then hes got 'The Game' all he says is that 'Im from Compton' :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: , WHO THE BLOODY HELL CARES, WE KNOW YOU ARE, YOU SAY IT A BILLION TIMES!!!. Sorry but i had to get my point across.

You're an embarassment. Do you know how old you sound?

While I am not a massive fan of 50 Cent or the Game, to suggest they use the same beats as everyone else is ignorant, and quite frankly thick. There is an enormous variety in Hip-Hop beats.

You also know nothing about the Game if you think all he says is I am from Compton.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
50 is the daddy....

dont expect him to appeal to people over the age of 25 though on here really.....

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
50 is the daddy....

dont expect him to appeal to people over the age of 25 though on here really.....

Oh I don't know, I was force fed rap by my step kids and I think Fiddy is okay especially as rap in not my taste.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Virgos Magician said:
Sorry, but i cant stand 50, i dont mean to offend ppl who like that music, but can u really call that music, its a bloke whos been shot talking in a microphone with the same beat in the background, which every other person uses, as my friend said he aint talented, can he play guitar or drums ermmm NO!

What a dick you are.

If it ain't talent, you try writing something like that. Bet it sounds real great. What? It doesn't? Oh yeah... that's cause its actually pretty f***ing hard.

50 ain't the best rapper in the world by any stretch of imagination, but to write the entire genre off because of him is just ign'ance.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Virgos Magician said:

ooooh you don't like something so therefore it must be bad and take no talent to do.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here