Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 year ban for violent Seagulls supporter

Whats getting a life in your world then ? Coshing some scarfer for looking at my pint ? You sound like you've just walked off the set of Green Street.

At the risk of getting drawn into this, when was the last time you heard of a "scarfer" getting caught up in this sort of thing and when was the last time you (yes, you personally) witnessed any organised violence (or even random violence by a Brighton hoolie on any non-hoolie)?

You and I both know that this sort of stuff is now almost exclusively organised between like-minded hoolies and the rest of us who have no interest in mixing violence and football are usually in absolute blissful ignorance. The way you paint this guy (who I'm guessing you have only heard of today), if he hadn't been banned he'd have been up on murder charges by the end of the season.

May I respectfully suggest that your wild speculations as to what he would or wouldn't have done are just that - wild speculations?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
At the risk of getting drawn into this, when was the last time you heard of a "scarfer" getting caught up in this sort of thing and when was the last time you (yes, you personally) witnessed any organised violence (or even random violence by a Brighton hoolie on any non-hoolie)?

You and I both know that this sort of stuff is now almost exclusively organised between like-minded hoolies and the rest of us who have no interest in mixing violence and football are usually in absolute blissful ignorance. The way you paint this guy (who I'm guessing you have only heard of today), if he hadn't been banned he'd have been up on murder charges by the end of the season.

May I respectfully suggest that your wild speculations as to what he would or wouldn't have done are just that - wild speculations?

What, just like you've brought a comparison with murder into the frame :lolol::wozza:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
That's the age we all get the buzz, you know, meet fellow youngsters and by the time we're 16 we've joined the firm without dad knowing.

You can’t dictate what he'll do in life, he'll do what he wants, his path is already set out and you can't do sod all about it.

Thats quite right. My son is 14 also, been a regular at the Albion since he was 4, hates hooligans and the general lowlifes that think its okay to mess up other peoples days. His path is probably set, but I am happy knowing he has been set a good example and knows right from wrong.

God help us if you have any kids!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And what a great night he has obviously had with his loving father:shrug:

If he's 14, he probably wants to be left alone in his bedroom all evening :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The only thing i feel is possibly out of line is the having to stay out of Brighton on a saturday.

And maybe the length, should have been 3 years? Depends though about what he did.

As a side note, it does depend on what the law and what we as fans percieve to be "contributing to violence". i'm really "violent"/passionate during games, i tell the reff to f*** off, i throw my vocal support down quite often, all that jazz. However, an 80 year old man, might not view my support in quite the same way. And a 30 yera old with his expectant wife might not either. But as far as i am concerned, i'm just being a typical teen at a football match, not smashing heads in, just giving some songs and passion. Yet, at games i feel vaugly stalked by stwards, who are constatly watching me. So its down to perception basically.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The only thing i feel is possibly out of line is the having to stay out of Brighton on a saturday.

And maybe the length, should have been 3 years? Depends though about what he did.

As a side note, it does depend on what the law and what we as fans percieve to be "contributing to violence". i'm really "violent"/passionate during games, i tell the reff to f*** off, i throw my vocal support down quite often, all that jazz. However, an 80 year old man, might not view my support in quite the same way. And a 30 yera old with his expectant wife might not either. But as far as i am concerned, i'm just being a typical teen at a football match, not smashing heads in, just giving some songs and passion. Yet, at games i feel vaugly stalked by stwards, who are constatly watching me. So its down to perception basically.

5 years. Take him down. Next!

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I'm bored now. Anyone fancy taking over ? I've got to tuck my 14 year old in, take him his Ovaltine and read him his Harry Potter.

Oh you're bored now so show you your kid some loving care?, you selfish bastard!

What, just like you've brought a comparison with murder into the frame :lolol::wozza:

Woosh. That went over your head, didn't it?

I was referring to the hyperbole with which Easy 10 was using to portray this bloke. He clearly doesn't know him but is hypothesising that the bloke might lamp fellow fans merely for looking at him if he wasn't banned.

Christ knows what Easy 10 thinks he would eventually do if he's not banned. That's what I'm getting at. It's amazing how the strongest opinions are formed with the barest of facts.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Blimey. Nearly 10 pages explosive opinions & all I did was post a tit-bit about some silly kiddie!

I never meant no 'arm guv. Honest. :cry:

*Puts Albion scarf on & rings for taxi*

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A Brighton and Hove Albion fan was today banned from going to any of his beloved team’s matches after being found guilty of violent behaviour.

Joshua Moore, 21, of Chichester Drive East, Saltdean,was served a five year football banning order today at Eastbourne Magistrates court.

Moore was observed by Sussex Police football spotters over a period of four years and on 13 occasions was found to contribute to violence and / or disorder at home and away matches. Moore did not contest the evidence.

Chief Inspector Simon Nelson, Brighton & Hove Police said: “Football should always be a game that is easily accessible to genuine supporters, and Brighton and Hove Albion work closely with us to ensure that the matches are safe sporting events.

“We owe it to the lawful majority, to identify the trouble-makers who falsely claim to be supporters but who have the sole intention of committing and inciting violence.

“We will do all that we can to identify those key individuals and make sure that they do not have the opportunity to enjoy the matches at the new community stadium at Falmer, once it has been completed.”

I can't believe people have taken to being Judge, Jury and executioner on the strength of a 6 paragraph article on a two bob news website. The article is total bullshit and poor reporting - it could be an immigrant story straight out of the daily mail. He hasn't been found guilty of anything because it's a civil case :shootself:

If he'd done anything really bad then he would've been arrested, I'd guess a minimum of which would be assualt. If I'm right that means he hasn't even been seen doing anything voilent, if I'm wrong then he's been seen doing something violent but they haven't bothered to arrest him and charge him with a criminal offence.

It's most likely that he's ended up in a coppers notepad for hanging around with the wrong people too many times, big deal but hey ho, lets hang the lad.

He might not be whiter than white and lets face it there's no smoke without fire, but 5 years is a bit harsh when he's not even been convicted of anything.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I bet you really kicked some arse at the Oxford Union Debating Society with put downs like that. Seeing as you're impervious to reason, it seems the only language your sort understand is thus: :shit:

There, hope you're happy now. You've brought me down to your level. I can literally feel my IQ dropping, just having this exchange with you.

:clap2::lolol::jester::dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here