Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 part series on life in Ditchling starts tonight

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
My school, used to take me. and my school mates to Ditchling now and again for the afternoon to the park to mess about, I thought it was a nice village, have happy memories of visiting a couple of the residents houses via our school teacher who knew a few of the locals, and they all seemed friendly,sure there might be a few snobs, but I thought most locals were friendly and that Ditchlings a nice village.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
BBC2 A Very English Village

Tue 9 Jan, 7:00 pm - 7:50 pm 50mins

The Ditchling Ladies: Luke Holland's documentary series exploring village life in Ditchling. In this epsiode the older residents of the village share their memories.

....the Sandrock was always a pit.... much preferred the North Star when it existed

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Cheshire Cat said:
BBC2 A Very English Village

....the Sandrock was always a pit.... much preferred the North Star when it existed

Agreed, but I never like seeing village pubs close.

Did you notice that the Councillor who voted FOUR times to oppose closing the pub at Ditchling PARISH Council meetings was also on Lewes DISTRICT Council where she not only voted in favour of closing the pub but actually proposed the motion for doing so!

Hypocritical cow. But then this is Lewes DC we are talking about......

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Originally posted by Cheshire Cat

....the Sandrock was always a pit.... much preferred the North Star when it existed [/B]

Always used to stop off for a few beers in the Sandrock on the way to the Goldstone. The landlord was a good bloke, had to be to put up with us lot!

Saturdays just ain't the same anymore, no TISWAS, no Sandrock and no Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here