Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 5 months beyond your second vaccination jab?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Too late for me I'm afraid
My surgery were excellent with the roll out of the first 2 jabs, received timely texts, didn't need to chase up in any way and was surprised at how efficient and smoothly the whole process was run locally.
My 6 month booster was due next week though have as yet heard nothing.
I came down with covid on Monday.... the symptoms are in no way mild.
I think a lot of people are still under the impression they're protected though AZ vaccines only 60/70% effective by this time.
My view is the boosters should really have been set at 4 or 5 months and its all, again, pretty poor planning and too little too late for many
I fear there will be many worse off than me, hearing of so many in similar circumstances.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I don’t really know what to do regarding the booster jab, I’ve recently had covid so will have to wait anyway, but I don’t really want to keep having to have 6 monthly jabs either.
I’m in a bit of a quandary what to do for the best.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I had my booster earlier today.
Astra Zeneca for my two initial Covid shots and Pfizer Comirnaty this afternoon.
Feel ok, nothing to report so far.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm struggling to find a local site to have my booster and equally struggling to find somewhere to book my winter flu jab. " Walk-in " centres are over an hour away for the booster, and trying to book a flu jab online is close to impossible as it seems as not many have a half decent functioning online booking service. ****ing ridiculous.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don’t really know what to do regarding the booster jab, I’ve recently had covid so will have to wait anyway, but I don’t really want to keep having to have 6 monthly jabs either.

Do this one (after waiting the appropriate time), then judge the merits of further jabs when the time comes. Situation may well be different in 6 months, but no reason not to have one now.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm struggling to find a local site to have my booster and equally struggling to find somewhere to book my winter flu jab. " Walk-in " centres are over an hour away for the booster, and trying to book a flu jab online is close to impossible as it seems as not many have a half decent functioning online booking service. ****ing ridiculous.

Re: the flu jab, have you tried ringing/asking at your local chemist? Mine did mine and the missus's flu jab, and they don't do online bookings for anything (last update on their website is 2019 :lol: )

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Why don't you know? Medical experts recommend having the booster jab and probably every 6 months. So that's what to do for the best, no need for a quandary or to work out what's for the best. They've already done that for you:thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must be lucky where I live as I'm very keen to get my booster. Had my previous jab on 7th May. Had a text from my GP unprompted this week offering a booster at my local health centre on the 12th or 17th of November. Well done NHS.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
.. an update ive just heard on the radio. 4500 people double jabbed have already died of covid in this country, so I'd say we're a long way from hearing the full extent of delayed boosters this winter.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Why don't you know? Medical experts recommend having the booster jab and probably every 6 months. So that's what to do for the best, no need for a quandary or to work out what's for the best. They've already done that for you:thumbsup:

Mainly because I don’t want to keep putting stuff into my body every 6 months, I had the initial jabs as it was the right thing to do for the greater good, but I don’t really want to be doing it every 6 months for eternity, I’ve also had a very strange sensation in left arm ever since my 2 jab, coincidental……very likely, but I’d rather not put it to the test either.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mainly because I don’t want to keep putting stuff into my body every 6 months, I had the initial jabs as it was the right thing to do for the greater good, but I don’t really want to be doing it every 6 months for eternity, I’ve also had a very strange sensation in left arm ever since my 2 jab, coincidental……very likely, but I’d rather not put it to the test either.
Re the pain in your arm post 2nd jab, it might well just be bad luck as to the where the needle went in. Sometimes you hardly feel a thing but other times it might hit a bit of a nerve centre.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I guess so, I had my jabs back in June though.

Might have done some long term nerve damage though, years back i was using a really small screwdriver that slipped and went in to my finger, for about ten years I had no sense of feeling or pain on the other side of the same finger. I think the needle went in to something important, a bit like my screwdriver.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I understand the NHS national vaccination booking site has been updated and will now allow you to book a booster when you are 2 jabs + 5 months, although you can't book the actual appointment until a date 6 months after your second jab.

Maybe get in quick before this becomes common knowledge and the site is deluged, as it opens it up to c10m people.

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Coming soon

Get your booster jab 5 months after your second jab.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-uk-to-be-offered-covid-booster-jabs-earlier

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
202 days since my 2nd dose and I still cannot book my booster via the national booking service.

I was able to on Monday but nothing local to Worthing was offered so I decided to look later in the week. Since then though, after filling my details in I get the 'you are not currently eligible' message.

Can't seem to locate any walk in services in Worthing and the 119 number was unable to book me a jab either.

I'll give my doctors a call on Monday and hopefully they can help.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had my booster today, roughly six months after no.2 jab. Received an email from the surgery inviting me in. Flu jabs seem to be readily available in supermarkets (Asda certainly, was going to get one there) but when I turned up at the surgery for my booster jab they asked me if I'd like a flu jab at the same time. You bet I would!
If life with Covid is in future going to mean a jab every six months, I'm not going to be one of the pillocks who wimps out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
202 days since my 2nd dose and I still cannot book my booster via the national booking service.

I was able to on Monday but nothing local to Worthing was offered so I decided to look later in the week. Since then though, after filling my details in I get the 'you are not currently eligible' message.

Can't seem to locate any walk in services in Worthing and the 119 number was unable to book me a jab either.

I'll give my doctors a call on Monday and hopefully they can help.

The NHS site for walk-in centres does not seem to list many of the places that are allowing walk-ins, such as Churchill Square in Brighton.

However, when I had my (appointmented) booster at Durrington Health Centre (I'm with Lime Tree in Findon), I noticed a sign outside stating that they were taking walk-ins at weekends. So, if I were you, I'd get there around the time they open, just in case they cap the number of walk-ins, and see if they'll jab you there and then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here