Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-Live

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Peter Taylor is co-commentating the Doncaster/Man City match, and has just championed our need for a new ground. It's getting quite a few mentions on 5Live at the moment, lots of people waiting for Prescott's decision.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Peter Taylor. Who felt so strongly about the cause that...he left. Completely bottling the challenge of the Championship. Without another job to go to. No ta.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tooting Gull said:
Peter Taylor. Who felt so strongly about the cause that...he left. Completely bottling the challenge of the Championship. Without another job to go to. No ta.

what did he say the reason for him leaving was? not enough funds to stay up - o look he was right

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
It wasn't great when he left but he did say 'Brighton are a massive club who deserve more than 6000' and then'If I sat down for a cup of tea with John Presscott, I'd tell him a few things.' Fair play to the bloke!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Give Taylor his due, during the Donny v City commentary he spoke very lucidly about Brighton's need for Falmer. He also alluded to sitting down for a cup of tea with Prescott and telling him so.

NB Prescott's number two David Miliband is my local MP and has been very supportive of Falmer (he is also a football nut and Arsenal supporter!). He has kept his finger on the issue for the past 18 months and I am sure he will have had a few words in the right ears.

It seems we are back to where we were 15 months ago, sitting, waiting and praying

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If PT came to the march, then I would really think he was behind the campaign... good that he is supporting the club's fight for Falmer in other ways tho'... :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ive nothing against Taylor. Yes he left us due to wanting players and not getting them.

But at least he left in the summer giving us plenty of time to find a replacement.

The fact that Potless appointed Tinselhead instead of Coppout means we were f***ed from the very beginning. :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ive nothing against Taylor. Yes he left us due to wanting players and not getting them.

But at least he left in the summer giving us plenty of time to find a replacement.

The fact that Potless appointed Tinselhead instead of Coppout means we were f***ed from the very beginning. :angry:
I agree with that. Taylor did the honourable thing in my view even though it seemed to be a bad decision. In fact, it's actually mildly amusing that he held a higher opinion of himself than anyone else and he admitted that he regretted walking out on the club.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
peter taylor is palace scum

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Moshe Gariani said:
peter taylor is palace scum

Peter Taylor took us to the second division TITLE, the only time the club has ever won it. Stop being so bitter.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
El Presidente said:
Peter Taylor took us to the second division TITLE, the only time the club has ever won it. Stop being so bitter.
he is still palace scum... stop being so serious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here