Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games gone and????

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the right footed denilson said:
Danny Wilsons blue and white army!!

Never. He spent loads (over a million) at Bristol and took 4 years to get them exactly nowhere.

I watched his ineptitude at Sheffield Wednesday and saw them slide down under his managership as well.

He loves a drinking culture (as shown by Yorath having been convicted of drink-driving yesterday) which was part of his demise at Hillsborough.

I think McGhee will sort it out although I will breathe a sigh of relief when October has passed this year and we still have the same manager.
The main reason we had 4 points at the same period two years ago was because the injury crisis didn't kick in until the 3rd game instead of straight from kick off in August.

Better team then - Petterson? Packham? Marney? Wilkinson?

No.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh for gawd sake its not even fcuking SEPTEMBER yet.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yorkie,

When people say that we had a stronger team last time, I think they mean the team that we had by the end of the season....

Kuipers
Ingermarson cullip blackwell
Watson Mayo
Carpenter Brooker Rodger
Zamora Barrett/Kitson

Which is, I think, stronger than the one that we have currently fit, or even our first choice 11. Which is(i guess)

Roberts
Virgo Cullip Blackwell Harding

Currie Carpenter Rodger Jarret

Knight Molango

And that team assumes that three returnees from injury are capable of returning to their best form. It also includes a striker who's season(if some are to be believed) is over after 14 seconds. A 19 year old winger with no end product, a fat man that doesnt run or tackle, a cult hero at right back who apparently is no good at right back, and a left back who according to various reports on nsc seems to be at fault for half the goals conceded this season. *

Having said all that, I am sure we will soon pick up and have a bloody good go at staying up. Whether we'll succeed....

*most of this appraisal has been done on the basis of reports on nsc, as living in japan, i've been unable to get to any games :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If you are going to compare teams as at the end of that season then you have to take out Kuipers and put in Dave Beasant. That made a huge difference.

I have always been a Kuipers fan and love him to bits but I can now see that Roberts is a better keeper. It will help the defence tremendously when he is back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here