Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games gone and????

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Yes but will McGhee hang around for much longer seeing as his reputation will be going down the pan a bit with us languishing at the foot of the table??

He could team up with Gordon Strachan as Scottish Number two.

Besides we are due a managerial change - its coming up to Sept/Oct time?:lolol: :lolol:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If he walked out on Millwall when they were in 8th position what do you think he will do here then?
We all now he is not known for his Loyalty

And I am not slagging him off,just stating a few facts

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What price next spring........

"Look, we have a young side that's still learning. We've only played 40 games and we got a point on the board against Coventry........."

Where are the seasoned/young talent loanees this year? It's what gave us a fighting chance last year I guess. I thought we were tapping Arsenal up for some, what's become of that? We've brought 5 wage packets in (Reid, Currie, Jarret, Malango and Nickolas) to add to those sidelined by injury and jury's still out players like Pricey and Lee. I can't help feeling we've now spent our piggy bank funds on stuff that's not going to cut the mustard.
:nono:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Tony Le Mesmer said:
Besides we are due a managerial change - its coming up to Sept/Oct time?:lolol: :lolol: [/B]

LOL! Sad but true though it's probably not the answer.

:lolol: :angry:

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
If he walked out on Millwall when they were in 8th position what do you think he will do here then?
We all now he is not known for his Loyalty

And I am not slagging him off,just stating a few facts

Somehow I don't think it was McGhee's choice to leave Millwall!

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
McGhee was sacked by Wolves and left before he was sacked at Millwall. I think he had finally learned his lesson after Reading and Leicester.

Interesting how the stature of his managerial appoinments have declined consistently over the years. Maybe there's a lesson out there for other would-be Judases.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You lot talk B.....s McGhee will see out his contract here. Hopefully he will [prove all the knockers wron g he knows what he needs it is just a matter of getting him on our limited sources.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
It will all come good and come the end of the season McGhee will be pronounced a hero, eclipsing Micky Adams.

Just trying to stay optimistic ok?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry to ask this daft question, but I for one think I know the answer.

If any of us on here this time last season would have thought, we would have been in the Second/First/Championship,would you have been suprised?

I think for most the answer would have been yes. We are and will struggle for money to get players, and have to rely on the excellent youth system for an awful long tme to come yet.

MM I think has attempted to draft a some good players in the time he has been here. With all the current off feild issues we have, he, in my opinon has done marvels.

This is just a hiccup. Survival in the Championship must be our priorty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dover said:

MM I think has attempted to draft a some good players in the time he has been here. With all the current off feild issues we have, he, in my opinon has done marvels.

This is just a hiccup. Survival in the Championship must be our priorty.

These 'off the field problems' do not stop a player trapping a ball cleanly or passing it to one of his own team mates or missing a tackle. I believe that MM has done wonders to get us where we are and will continue to do so as soon as he can bring in a big striker from wherever. I do not care where the money comes from that is not my problem!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here