Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-A-Side Football - TONIGHT - Portslade

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
New proposal for 5-a-side footy

Despite my previous disillusionment I'm going to try and whip up some interest in a new proposal for 5-a-side football.

It's quite clear that Friday evenings weren't popular with many on here, as they preferred going out and getting drunk at that time. Therefore, as these same people have said that any other time would be ok, I expect an avalanche of people keen to play at the new proposed time.

How about Sunday evenings ? The sports centre have confirmed that most time slots are available on these days. What better way to shake off the last of your weekend hangover, than with a friendly kick about on the astroturf?

So, once again, let's have a discussion about who would be willing to come along on a Sunday evening, and what time would suite each of us.

Ok ?

Papa

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pinned for you....

Wasn't the second part of the problem also the location - in that it is somewhat West of the middle ground?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not really - there should be plenty of people who either live close to Worthing, or can be bothered to drive for 10 minutes, to make it worthwhile.

I suppose I'll get the answer to this over the next couple of days. You could, of course, be right.

I don't intend to do anything until the New Year now, anyway - so we've got time to go back over all the old points ad infinitum.

So, come on then - what do you all think?

Papa

A lot of the people who go don't drive - it is a f***ing nightmare trying to get to that sports centre without a car, it's a f***ing long way from central Brighton even if you do drive. And that's assuming the person driving hasn't got a head full of acid.

There must be somewhere in Brighton where you could do it, even if it was Portslade. Bhasvic? Moulsecoombe?

xx

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trains do run almost onto the atroturf pitch. So from Central Brighton it's a doddle.

But if you don't use the trains, it's a long way to walk.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But a lot of people seem to come from Brighton - some the other side of Brighton.

No-one seemed to come from West of Worthing - wouldn't somewhere like Portslade give everyone a chance of reaching it?

That said, Durrington is closer for me - it's only a 162 mile drive instead of 170 to Portslade.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
I'd be up for an AFC LIZARD v NSChildren FC "friendly" if someone better than me would organise it.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If someone can organise a realistic slot at Portslade, I'd be up for that...

go on then one of you, rather than moaning about it - get proactive and make a suggestion.

:clap2:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Alternatively Portslade has a free slot every other Monday evening between 7:30 & 8:30 - £27 with Flodlights....

jmc

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Bugger, first available Monday was yesterday, so next available is 22nd December..... Who is interested ---- IF not enough I'm not paying for it and won't bother me arse again :)

jmc

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Actually what would be good is if there were two sessions!

One for you West Sussex softies and another for the might of East Sussex! Every now and then we could have an 11-a-side clash!!!

East Vs West!

East side! :salute:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sunday will clash with the Brightonfans.com five-a-side when that starts again (In the spring I think).

However as you know I want to play and am prepared to go to Durrington.

So long as I'm in Brighton. Monday's nights would be a 100% no go for me. :(

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I can't actually do any Mondays before Christmas.

But come the New Year and I could play on Monday. :jester:

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sundays will clash with the Brighton fans tournament as Turkey said.

This is ongoing from January (I think that is when the new cup starts.)

Mondays sound like a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here