Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5:20 on Saturday we could be 15th in the table!!!!!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Can't see us reaching the play offs this year and it's only xmas. Last srason we should of cemented a play off place. We're going backwards this season which is worrying concidering we've bought in 5 quality players.
who are the 5 quality players then i can only name 3 of them bridge bruno orlandi

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
you got to feel sorry for watford fans who are in the ground their game at bristol city has just been postponed

Good for us . Means will probably go above Watford with a win.

If we win sat then i predict 7th with a game in hand on some .

Got to say I'm expecting a draw , good game but with out home record and obvious need for 10 chances to score its hard to see us getting that much needed win

you got to feel sorry for watford fans who are in the ground their game at bristol city has just been postponed

Bollox !

Means no possibly injuries, suspensions and knackeredness for Watford before Saturday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't for one minute think it will happen but by my calculations if results went against us, not sure who is playing who on Saturday at 3pm, but I reckon we could be as low as 17th or 18th.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are people factoring in who plays who? I mean, with two games to be played the lowest placed team that could over take us were charlton (they lost earlier today, so now it's Blackburn in 17th). It's easy to say that means we could be in 17th place, but if the 8 teams from us down to blackburn have to face each other, we can't drop as low.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't see us reaching the play offs this year and it's only xmas. Last srason we should of cemented a play off place. We're going backwards this season which is worrying concidering we've bought in 5 quality players.

Should have? Nah was easy to see we were punching above our weight towards the end of tht unbeaten run ...I'd say we aren't doing as well as this squad is capable of

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I don't for one minute think it will happen but by my calculations if results went against us, not sure who is playing who on Saturday at 3pm, but I reckon we could be as low as 17th or 18th.

That's what I looked at before starting this thread that's why I put down 15th because every result can't go against us

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As of right now:

Today
Burnley (4pts/-11goals) v Derby (1pt/-6goals) (burnley winning) :annoyed:
Huddersfield (4pts/-15goals) v Blackpool (2pts/-1goals) (drawing) :annoyed:
Wolves (3pts/-7goals) v Peterborough (peterborough winning) :glare:
Bolton (5points/-9goals) v Sheffield Wednesday (wednesday winning) :clap2:
Middlebrough v Blackburn (6points/-10goals) (Boro winning) :clap2:

Saturday
Charlton v Derby (1pt/-6goals)
Forest (1pt/6goals) v Palace (Forest only have this game)
Middlesbrough v Blackpool (2pts/2-1goals)
Wolves (3pts/-7goals) v Ipswich
Burnley (4pts/-11goals) v Leicester
Huddersfield (4pts/-15goals) v Sheffield Wednesday
Bolton (5points/-9goals) v Birmingham
Barnsley v Blackburn (6points/-10goals)

If things stay as they are (there's about 15mins left to play) 15th is the lowest possible, but would require wolves winning by 8 goals (plus however many they lose by today, currently 3), making 14th the most realistic worst case.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its beginning to look a lot like... that season where we remained resolutedly in 5th place under McGhee despite not winning a game for months on end. Just won't do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its beginning to look a lot like... that season where we remained resolutedly in 5th place under McGhee despite not winning a game for months on end. Just won't do.
It would do, if we weren't occasionally shown the riches of the best football ever seen played by the Albion.

Only to have it all taken away, in the next game, by wholesale changes and a desire to play everyone as a holding midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here