Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-1 drubbing or purging?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
KinkyGoebels said:
you are excepting that shit? mcghee cost brighton any chance in that game with his disney formation

Spot on. Reading play 4-4-2 and rely on the wingers so instead of going like for like in a formation which has got us results MAGOO prats about. Frutos and Carole were made redundant and Reid and Hart exposed. Shocking. Oh and Leon up on his own against Sonko and Ivar. Defence versus Attack for the first half.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
KinkyGoebels said:
Hart was gash as well he didnt get up the wing once, poor show

Hart actually played well second half but I despair at Magoos tactics. His persistance with Reid AT left back is crazy. I rate Reid but how bad did he look yesterday? As soon as EL THICK was booked I would have changed it. If we don't bounce back its MAGOO out from me.

KinkyGoebels said:
you are excepting that shit? mcghee cost brighton any chance in that game with his disney formation

:lolol: says the guy who's been saying we should play five at the back ALL SEASON :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
:lolol: says the guy who's been saying we should play five at the back ALL SEASON :lolol:

yes with 2 wingers in the midfield :rolleyes:

No suprise you are sticking up for mcghee, then again you are used to seeing a rugby score at reading.

you going to li leicester?

Last edited:

Albion Rob

The formation was pretty disappointing. Playing the way we did just invited pressure. Virtually every time we cleared the ball one of two things happened:

a) We didn't have anyone in their half so had to hoof it, or

b) The ball was tossed up to Knight who was outjumped by a static Sonko (incidentally a player with so little footballing ability that if he ever plays in the Premiership I might go to a few Reading games just to see his demise).

Bottom line, you can put oiur half time defecit down to Oatway's inability to kick the ball while standing and the fice minutes after half time were a joke but to be honest I would have expected a defeat however we played.

With that in mind, it would have been good to see CKR (a player who is getting a lot better with every game) and Leon start. At least we could have asked a few questions of them and you never know from there.

But there we go, it's over now so best to move on and focus on the games which will actually have a huge bearing on which division we play in next season.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I find myself agreeing totally with Yorkies post, I was at the Plymouth game last season and that was far more worrying. Reading have splashed the cash and expect to be pushing for promotion, in total contrast to our realistic ambition of avoiding the drop. I found myself laughing at the Plymouth fans who taunted me after the game last season, my response was "I don't care what the result was here today, we will move on, our priority is the new stadium".

If I had gone yesterday I would probably have been a little disappointed but there is no shame in being beaten, albeit with comedy assistance, by a team assembled for millions.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Should have taken elphick off at half time, but that would have taken some sort of manager skill

So in your ideal fanatsy manager re-run of Saturday what would have been your formation, squad and score line prediction?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Beach Hut said:
Exactly what I think, it's not like we get pile drived week in week out.
Talking of Ernest.........:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here