Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Round TV games

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are people annoyed that our GLAMOUR tie with Watford isnt on the box then?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
We have (pretty much) this exact same thread every sodding time the televised cup games are announced. Why are people on here constantly surprised that ITV, on the rare occasions that they get to show football, choose matches involving Premiership sides? Amazingly, ITV and their advertisers want people to actually WATCH their channel. Half a dozen people tuning in to watch Stevenage or Crawley isn't really going to compete with the few million who'll watch Man United or Tottenham.

In a nutshell.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What's wrong with you all? Southampton v Man Utd is a bloody great live TV Cup match. League one flyers v Prem leaders, a great history back-story for those us who remember that final. All the ingredients.

Anyone who seriously is claiming Watford v Brighton is a better option is nuts.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest SCC v Man Utd shouldn't actually be a bad game and I can see why it has been chosen, the other games all look tedious as f**k though, dull. dull, dull.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
What's wrong with you all? Southampton v Man Utd is a bloody great live TV Cup match. League one flyers v Prem leaders, a great history back-story for those us who remember that final. All the ingredients.

Anyone who seriously is claiming Watford v Brighton is a better option is nuts.

Lol, has Crodo hacked your account, Tooting? You forgot to add, if it is anything like as exciting as Man U v Liverpool in the previous round, we are in for a real treat.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We have (pretty much) this exact same thread every sodding time the televised cup games are announced. Why are people on here constantly surprised that ITV, on the rare occasions that they get to show football, choose matches involving Premiership sides? Amazingly, ITV and their advertisers want people to actually WATCH their channel. Half a dozen people tuning in to watch Stevenage or Crawley isn't really going to compete with the few million who'll watch Man United or Tottenham.

Is exactly right.

I think it's people trying to show off at what a great "grass roots" football fan they are.

"I'd rather watch the Dog and Duck V Queens Arms over Man United or Arsenal any day of the week rah rah rah I'm a great football fan me because I don't like the premier league (yet aspire to get there!)".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here