Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Rd Draw: It's Leeds at home !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As far as I can Recall we have only ever made the quarters of this cup once and lost to Notts Forest.

The match with the infamous broken down special train that either didn't make the game or arrived really late I think?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Apparently, we have already lost to Derby County. :down:

Chelsea 5/2
Man Utd 9/2
Arsenal 11/2
Liverpool 11/2
Tottenham 8
Blackburn 16
Sunderland 20
Wigan 20
Stoke 40
Swansea 66
QPR 50
Leeds 66
Watford 80
Derby 100
Burnley 100
Rotherham 200

The match with the infamous broken down special train that either didn't make the game or arrived really late I think?

I think we had 3 trains that night, one didn't make it at all. Any veteran from that trip care share their memories of it? Fortunately I went by minibus as I wouldn't have been able to get back to Goring from Brighton.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Boys you're all forgetting that we now play at Fortress Withdean again! No one can beat us at home!... We will stuff Derby and scrape past Leeds after a 98th minute winner!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Another home draw is excellent though.

I fancy us to beat Derby - with 6 points from 7 games, they're hardly setting the Championship alight.

Then a club in the same division....it's looking pretty good for the 5th Round.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not that I'm getting carried away here but weren't Swindon and Don Rogers the last tier 3 team to win this cup??

Late '60s from memory

Another home draw is excellent though.

I fancy us to beat Derby - with 6 points from 7 games, they're hardly setting the Championship alight.

Then a club in the same division....it's looking pretty good for the 5th Round.

Derby will be up for this game and won't be as complacent as Man City were-expect their best side at Withdean. This competition is their one hope of something decent in a season that is bloody awful for them. Then to get Leeds in the next round....full house at Pride Park. Big game for us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In the sense that it's a home game against a third tier team, and a third tier team that is better than us, it's a bit of a crap draw.

HOWEVER, it's a winnable game. As is the game against 'two league wins in 16months' Derby. Which gives us a genuine route to the quaters. I'm getting a little excited...ion fact, I say f*** THE LEAGUE, lets concentrate on the CUP.:albion2::clap2::yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here