Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th ODI England vs India "A must win"

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
11 off Batty's over, and a no ball too, whats a spinner doing bowling them!

Looks like a bit beyond us now, if only we had another 30-40 runs to play with!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is anyone really surprised that we are being f***ed on? Vaughan, Banger, Harmison and Simon Jones are all out. We're playing in India without a proper spinner (someone want to tell me why Pasenar wasn't called up for this squad?) and never look to have a game plan. Flintoffs batting is being affected by the fact that he is captain and we've been playing with two wicket keepers.

If our captain, our best one day opener and our two best bowlers were playing we would have stood a chance in this series. Unfortunately we are playing against a very good India side but never the less have been in control of games but jjust lost it for a few overs. As some in the paper said the opther day, we were in control for the majority of the overs in the first three games but just threw it away. It smacks of inexperience.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is anyone really surprised that we are being f***ed on? Vaughan, Banger, Harmison and Simon Jones are all out. We're playing in India without a proper spinner (someone want to tell me why Pasenar wasn't called up for this squad?) and never look to have a game plan. Flintoffs batting is being affected by the fact that he is captain and we've been playing with two wicket keepers.

If our captain, our best one day opener and our two best bowlers were playing we would have stood a chance in this series. Unfortunately we are playing against a very good India side but never the less have been in control of games but jjust lost it for a few overs. As some in the paper said the opther day, we were in control for the majority of the overs in the first three games but just threw it away. It smacks of inexperience.

aside from that what do you think

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
aside from that what do you think

That Solanki should be opening with Strauss and Prior should be coming in down the order where Jones bats.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I see Prior was keeping in this one. Any particular reason why?

I reckon they are testing him out with a vie to him taking over from Jones in the currect set up. I don't know why.

They need to pick Chris Read and forget about anyone else. I feel so sorry for that kid, he did one thing wrong and was dismissed and no matter what he does he can't force his way back in.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I reckon they are testing him out with a vie to him taking over from Jones in the currect set up. I don't know why.

They need to pick Chris Read and forget about anyone else. I feel so sorry for that kid, he did one thing wrong and was dismissed and no matter what he does he can't force his way back in.

Jones has a leg injury

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
44th open: WICKET - INDIA 224-6 (YUVRAJ C PRIOR B ANDERSON 48)
Yuvraj feathers a catch to Prior behind the stumps and, all of a sudden, it's slightly interesting. Powar, who has the build of the Honey Monster, strides to the crease.

:lol:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol

Think thats a smoke-screen - we had exactly the same problems in the test side with those players missing yet we performed really well.

We are a poor ODI side with or without our best players. Our middle order is too reliant on 1 or 2 individuals, we can't milk spin bowling in the middle of an innings, we don't have a big hitter coming in at 8 and we don't have bowlers who can take wickets in the middle of an innings when the ball is old.

Other than that we are an OK team. Don't be planning any World Cup victory parades just yet, we won't make the semis.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Seagull over NZ said:
Think thats a smoke-screen - we had exactly the same problems in the test side with those players missing yet we performed really well.

We are a poor ODI side with or without our best players. Our middle order is too reliant on 1 or 2 individuals, we can't milk spin bowling in the middle of an innings, we don't have a big hitter coming in at 8 and we don't have bowlers who can take wickets in the middle of an innings when the ball is old.

Other than that we are an OK team. Don't be planning any World Cup victory parades just yet, we won't make the semis.

Many good points well made.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seagull over NZ said:

You speak sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here