Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

42 Days?

It's a nasty must-win situ for Brown, who has looked to persuade the leftists displeased at this human rights stretch of acceptability with talk of a losing vote being a failure for the party, that Labour would be willing to lift Cuban sanctions in order to get their support and fart in the face of the visiting Bush, and that people wrongly imprisoned for 42 days without charges would get some form of compensation.
But this is just for Brown to maintain his power rather than fight gruesomely for something he kind of believes is right.
It's an ugly business, and what i read today suggests there is no real evidence for needing those extra days, and the claims made were as bent and deceitful as weapons of mass destruction documents.

I should like to be associated with the remarks of the last speaker, partly because he is right and partly because it was the first post of his that I could actually understand

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
It's become one of those ridiculous things that don't matter hugely (because of the Civil Contingencies Act, mostly) but MPs think is vital, because it makes them seem important.

Exactly what I was thinking. It would seem that a lot of MPs are so wrapped up in the City and Westminister, that they don't realise what is happening to the country elsewhere. It's almost as if they are in their own little bubble.

Jacqui Smith walking in her consistuency with a stab-vest on shouts to me that there are much greater immediate problems to be dealt with then adding 14 more days to detention of terror suspects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here