Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£42,000 per year and a Mercedes, why should I work?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I doubt that a Tory government would help as they know the EEC will go after them at great expense for messing with these peoples' human rights.

The Tories want to amend the Human Rights Act so that it cannot be used as an excuse by people to abuse the system.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fostering should absolutely NOT be better paid.

It is already very significant [foster parents of some children are paid up to £400 per month per child. Some have up to 3. The last thing you need is to encourage people to go into fostering for the wrong reasons.

... which is what I was saying - it's not a cheap option.

Yet despite the sums being paid, it's still very difficult to find foster parents, which is why I was questioning the idea that sending kids like these to foster parents is any sort of option, when the whole ethos these days is to use fostering as a last resort.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I doubt that a Tory government would help as they know the EEC will go after them at great expense for messing with these peoples' human rights.
Well hopefully that'll be the beauty of the tories, in that they will tell Europe where to stick their human rights, and have our own bill of rights.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well hopefully that'll be the beauty of the tories, in that they will tell Europe where to stick their human rights, and have our own bill of rights.

I thought that the Tories had given up on the idea of repealing the HRA as it could prove to be too difficult.

The trouble is that the Labour legislation was only bring European legislation into UK law - repealing the law wouldn't stop British citizens invoking human rights legislation, it would just meant that cases would be heard in Strasbourg instead of the UK - with an accompanying increase in costs.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Other European countries, especially France & Spain, seem able to pick and choose what bits of Euro laws to abide by and what to ignore.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
This does seem wrong but I am more angered by the lifetime parents on benefits who are completely incapable of parenting and drag up several kids who end up with severe behavioural issues and cost the state a whole lot more.

I see some parents like this and wonder where their sense of pride is? Am I old fashioned? How can they feel happy whilst their kids and houses are dirty?

If the state is paying you to bring up your kids, you should do a better job at it, not worse than parents who pay their own way.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
People like this really should be punished:

Bristol benefit cheat was on Channel 4 show Wife Swap

Claimed to be living alone, was actually living with her partner... and was stupid enough to go on Wife Swap! £10,000 claimed fraudulently.

article-1287318-0A13C26E000005DC-962_468x354.jpg

article-1287318-0A13C211000005DC-212_468x332.jpg

larus

Having lots of kids is not the issue. Its the parents attitude that is abhorrent.

My parents had eight kids. We had some support from the State, such as help with school uniforms, free school meals and second-hand gifts at Christmas.

But, my dad worked all his life, cycling a total of 15 miles every day to his job as a hospital porter, and my mum had numerous part time jobs as a cleaner. She also bought and sold second-hand cots and prams to raise money for our little luxuries.

We had few holidays, certainly none overseas and most of us cycled wherever we went.

Looking back, I am so proud of what they did.

This is where I feel so many 'lefties' twist the views of others. No-one is saying we shouldn't have a welfare state to help those who fall on hard times or struggle. Even those who choose a large family on modest/low income I have no problem with receiving benefits. However, the couple in this story are pure wasters and highlight why there is so much anger about people who seem to view welfare as a lifestyle choice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Her kids are ginger. And Welsh. Need all the help they can get.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

If you can laugh at yourself...

What a f***ing joke these spounging ***** are - they opitimise what's wrong with this country

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here