Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

40 wins in 139 competitive matches ..............

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hmmm - think you're on a loser with this one with anyone old enough to remember the real Cup Finals.

IN fact, I'd go as far as to say winning at Anfield in 83 was a better achievement than Cardiff.. It would be like beating Chelsea now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
trueblue said:

He got us into a division we shouldn't have been in, and kept us there a year longer than should have been possible.

What clubs went down the season we stayed up?

Gillingham, Forest and Rotherham? I reckon I could have finished above that shower of shite if I was in charge.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Does this mean you are applying for the vacant job?

I may well do that Alan.

Pre match charlie, magners at half time and nights out at strip joints for a victory. Let's put some fun back into playing for the mighty stripes eh?

Can I get a WICKERD?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 40 wins in 139 competitive matches ..............

byf said:
Yeah its all about effort..not about an amazing effort against swindon..in the most unforgetable finish..then on to a weekend in cardiff..as under-dogs turning over bcfc...in stylish fasion

MARK MCGHEE WE WILL MISS YOU!

we were shite against Swindon in the second game and the first was a real smash and grab. If they'd been able to shoot straigh twe'd have lost that. When you've been supporting the albion for a few more years and seen a few more games you'll realise that was a highlight but there have been many more in the clubs history. Anyone around 1910 would probably say winning the charity shield was a great day. Now please get over it, McGhee was a fairly poor manager who did ok at times but I've seen a lot better in charge of the albion in the last 25 years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here