Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

40 something Goldstone Northstanders does anyone know what happened to John Saw/Sore?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
See Gary at most northern away games as he lives in Beverley, that brings back a lot of memories.

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
See Gary at most northern away games as he lives in Beverley, that brings back a lot of memories.
ive been to a couple of punk festivals in the last 4 months with gaz balchin in portsmouth and rebellion in blackpool, really nice fella, and hopefully meeting him for sham 69 at the end of this month in london. he spends a lotof time going to the old punk groups that are still arnd. hes not that into the football nowadays.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ive been to a couple of punk festivals in the last 4 months with gaz balchin in portsmouth and rebellion in blackpool, really nice fella, and hopefully meeting him for sham 69 at the end of this month in london. he spends a lotof time going to the old punk groups that are still arnd. hes not that into the football nowadays.

We must have different Garys then as the one I know is still very Albion

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Crikey had forgotten all about that flag, wonder whatever happened to it! Those were the days!

Beachy I see Gary Balchin lots of places too, I'm sure he's the one that's in those pics and he's definitely still very into the Albion.

Dinky Di

May 16, 2010
N.S.W
Thats defo Gary Balchin, he called me out of the blue years ago when I was living in Western Australia and I asked if he had an email address and he said 'Don't be silly, I live in Yorkshire' I have only seen the Albion play once in 18 years but its in your blood for ever. I know its easy to be nostalgic but they were cracking days with that little troop of regulars. Mr Jupp, I am curious re the pics, was it a pre season freindly as we look very rugged up for that time of year??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
gron13.jpg

Don't know , but it appears in lots of photos from that era and it stank to high heaven .

I remember a few of them, certainly the guy 3 from the left. If I could work out how to post it, I have a cup final photo with a load of fans at Brighton station with ivor Caplin et al.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whatever happened to the bloke with "prejudice is ignorance" tatooed on his forehead? Always used to stand near him in the north stand.

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
We must have different Garys then as the one I know is still very Albion
ive known gaz for 25 years probably, but its defo him, blimey ive just spoke with him on text im not imagining him as i spent 3 days with him 2 months ago. yeh hes still loves the albion but not into going to much these days. he would rather come to london from beverley to watch sham 69 at brixton than come to falmer, enough said. spoke at length abt brighton and going to games. not the same passion nowadays, and obviously his extensive travelling crusades ie north korea

Last edited:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
ive known gaz for 25 years probably, not as long as you but its defo him, blimey ive just spoke with him on text im not imagining him as i spent 3 days with him 2 months ago. yeh hes still loves the albion but not into going to much these days. he would rather come to london from beverley to watch sham 69 at brixton than come to falmer, enough said. spoke at length abt brighton and going to games. not the same passion nowadays.

It is him GD,you were not mistaken . I just texted him and he was at Rebillion and still lives in Hull/Beverly. I was going to join you for Sham , but I;m already going to see another band that day, in London , so should meet up.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The guy in the middle in the first pic is Brian McCarthy - last time I saw him he'd become a rozzer!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Thats defo Gary Balchin, he called me out of the blue years ago when I was living in Western Australia and I asked if he had an email address and he said 'Don't be silly, I live in Yorkshire' I have only seen the Albion play once in 18 years but its in your blood for ever. I know its easy to be nostalgic but they were cracking days with that little troop of regulars. Mr Jupp, I am curious re the pics, was it a pre season freindly as we look very rugged up for that time of year??

It was Mr T. I think it was a home pre season game against Gronigan probaly circa 79/80....They playing in the B Cal shirts that night so maybe 80/81. ......Bit of a sparse crowd hence the larking about and not watching footy. We wandered around the ground and watched the second half in the South Stand . Bit like northern fans used to do at their grounds back in the day .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nice montage Ernest....the bloke next to you and your mullett 8th picture still goes. I used to chat with him at away games quite frequently.

Is one of them shots from the pre-season trip to Belgium?

Jan 30, 2008

are you wearing "THAT" shirt to the sham gig mate :blush:

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
yes be great to meet up. ill get in touch with gaz abt sorting something out maybe. if gazs still goin to sham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here