Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£40 note fund ............

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apart from being recipients of the proceeds of the 40 Notes Fund, the club has nothing to do with the running of it.

So anyone taking a pop at the club on the back of this is sorely missing the point.

I didn't mention the club because I am well aware of that fact.

Doesn't change my point though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TLO,being no 1 in the forty note fund can you tell us all what it does provide now, in order that we may all make a decision about this based on facts.

The initial idea of the Fund was to provide the club with funds to acquire players, either on loan or as a purchase.

After a meeting with Dean Wilkins at the beginning of last season, it was decided, and announced, to channel the funds (seeing as they rarely met the costs of any player acquisitions) into assisting with video technology to improve players' abilities and towards a hear-rate monitor to indicate fitness levels.

To this end, any funds in the kitty are still going towards that.

The details of the current level of funds are with someone else - I don't have that information at present.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I contributed to the £40 note fund last year. I've no idea how the money was spent as I received not so much as a thankyou or acknowledgement of the regular monthly contribution. I did suggest incentivising the fund - VIP day at Withers, certificate, chance to see where the money went but never heard anything back.

Never saw the finances either. Think I'm gonna pass on this, this year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not going to contribute thanks, pay enough in season tickets etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I contributed to the £40 note fund last year. I've no idea how the money was spent as I received not so much as a thankyou or acknowledgement of the regular monthly contribution. I did suggest incentivising the fund - VIP day at Withers, certificate, chance to see where the money went but never heard anything back.

Never saw the finances either. Think I'm gonna pass on this, this year.

Apologies, Buzzer. If I may, I'll offer a belated thank you for your kind generoisty, and to everyone else who has contributed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about a 50 a side football match?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apologies, Buzzer. If I may, I'll offer a belated thank you for your kind generoisty, and to everyone else who has contributed.

My post sounded bitter and that wasn't the intent. What I was clumsily trying to say was that without and end product it didn't feel like I contributed anything to help the club.

Seriously, if you want to get it off the ground this year then please can you get a bit of club tie-in. A way of them saying thanks that would cost them sweet FA, such as a draw from the list of contributors for a signed match shirt, a VIP day at Withers, a few gratis tickets that sort of thing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Wow. I think it's very generous of the club to offer each fan £40, given the shite that's been served up this season.

I'll be sending them my bank details straight away. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here