Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-way N-E-S-W stand Brighton Boys chant? (merged)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
So much easier going by the directions on a compass (as you would say them in real life), plus if we finished on the west it should be the loudest and maybe everyone will join in and not just the side nearest the north.

So I would go N - E - S - W

Is this a serious post?

You're actually suggesting that the atmosphere within our ground should not be determined by impromptu singing and chanting but by an order based on geography and instrumentation

FFS - some people need to get a life on this Board! this isn't North Korea and I'd rather that we didn't use drums or other regimented ways of orchestrating an atmosphere that should simply occur organically.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Am I the only one who hates this chant? It goes on for ages and just gets in the way of watching the game and supporting the team. Sure, it's good noose, but surely our noise should be songs and chants that actually support and encourage the lads on the pitch, not just random shouting at our fellow supporters?

I love it - think it sounds great.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does this inter stand banter/chanting happen at any other grounds? When watching the Leeds game on telly, it actually sounded really good and added to the atmosphere in my living room - even though it's such a simple chant.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this a serious post?

You're actually suggesting that the atmosphere within our ground should not be determined by impromptu singing and chanting but by an order based on geography and instrumentation

FFS - some people need to get a life on this Board! this isn't North Korea and I'd rather that we didn't use drums or other regimented ways of orchestrating an atmosphere that should simply occur organically.

I don't think they're suggesting something quite as bad as that; just when that chant starts, there's an order in which it is sung. Otherwise, whoever starts it's everyone one else 'replies' at the same time; which is messy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What you'll end up with will be......We're the North Stand etc; barely audible; silence; We're the West Stand.......

Its a good idea in principle, and I'm all for it, but the reality will be a bit crap. Probably.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
when the East and South make enough noise to warrant their inclusion (by pre-arranged means or not) then we can discuss this. challenge set.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
What it needs is for the north to start, at the end shout east, then the east to do their bit, then shout south, then on to west for them to finish and shout north, and around we go.

Chances of that happening, hmmmmmm!!!!

TB

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Am I the only one who hates this chant? It goes on for ages and just gets in the way of watching the game and supporting the team. Sure, it's good noose, but surely our noise should be songs and chants that actually support and encourage the lads on the pitch, not just random shouting at our fellow supporters?

Any noise is a good noise, the louder and longer the better. The players don't care about the words (unless it's a song about one of them (and we don't have too many of those!)) but they feel the atmosphere. The Burnley game was a great example of this. Silence and apathy in the stands (oops, seats!) is the killer.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Any noise is a good noise, the louder and longer the better. The players don't care about the words (unless it's a song about one of them (and we don't have too many of those!)) but they feel the atmosphere. The Burnley game was a great example of this. Silence and apathy in the stands (oops, seats!) is the killer.

Fair enough.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
crazy as it sounds, it will be EASIER with 4 stands than it was with 3...as many have posted before, the East got drowned out...

Just let the North start it off, us in the West will hold back, let East, then South go first before the West to climax the first round, before the North start us all off for round two...

marvellous scenes

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
All it needs is for the MC to get us going before the game (as he does with songs in FanZone) so everyone knows what order you are sticking to. "Alright off you go North Stand..........and East Stand........"

All it takes is an email or tweet to the Official Albion handle to get this moving...

In fact, I'll email PC now.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The west stand don`t start any thing

Well that's bollocks for starters. I'm in the West Stand and, like a majestic ship cruising into the night almost Titanic-like, slowly gaining momentum before pulling away at a rate of knots, the volume does increase slowly, beautifully, symphonically, harmoniously; and I can confirm that songs have been started in our delightful, tranquil stand.

I need to stop drinking at lunchtimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here