Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-way N-E-S-W stand Brighton Boys chant? (merged)

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Can we get this in order this season so that it rebounds round the stadium?

Go in a clockwise from whichever stand starts it i.e. East, South, West & Norh

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand, we're the North Stand Brighton Boys!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Some people can't even get the chant right. What makes you think they'd be able to do it in order too?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
4 way chant.

Any point in us trying to start it this season and it working?

We failed to do a 3 way chant last season with the West and East going at the same time.

But if we got it into people heads to start in the North, move to the East, then South & finish in the West, it may just work? :whistle:

Although I still feel this would be far to complicated for some of our fans :facepalm: with not knowing the correct direction.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm in the South West corner, do I start just after the South and before the West?

We're the south west stand......
We're the South West Brighton boys doesn't really scan...... what am I supposed to sing?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I made a exact same thread and didnt realise one was made today also :facepalm:

I'll just copy and paste what I said.

We failed to do a 3 way chant last season with the West and East going at the same time.

But if we got it into people heads to start in the North, move to the East, then South & finish in the West, it may just work?

Although I still feel this would be far to complicated for some of our fans with not knowing the correct direction.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
East should accept that West WILL go after North, so go North, West, South, East - that way round.

How about all stands try singing something at the same time and at the same tempo first before we start to get all technical with which stand sings when?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
So much easier going by the directions on a compass (as you would say them in real life), plus if we finished on the west it should be the loudest and maybe everyone will join in and not just the side nearest the north.

So I would go N - E - S - W

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yeah... but what happens when the West start it?

I think usually the North start it. I only really join in if the game's not going on. If it is, I'm busy watching the match, but would join in with chants that have relevance to the match (i.e. about the ref or the other team).

And yes, I AM a BLAST at parties.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
95% can't even sing SBTS properly how about we try at get that sorted before attempting something 5,000 times harder

Worrying, isn't it? It's not exactly complicated!

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Am I the only one who hates this chant? It goes on for ages and just gets in the way of watching the game and supporting the team. Sure, it's good noose, but surely our noise should be songs and chants that actually support and encourage the lads on the pitch, not just random shouting at our fellow supporters?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I made a exact same thread and didnt realise one was made today also :facepalm:

I'll just copy and paste what I said.

But if we got it into people heads to start in the North, move to the East, then South & finish in the West, it may just work?

Although I still feel this would be far to complicated for some of our fans with not knowing the correct direction.

I was/am in the East and the reason this happened is because the North started singing again, straight after the West had finished. If they could have just waited a few seconds the East, well a few of us, would have started. Hopefully, with the new upper tier, there will be a lot more joinging in and we can sing on our own and not with the West.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here