Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 teams down from League 1

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The others were 2 up 2 down until the introduction of the play offs. ....
No they weren't they weren't, they were three up and three down since about 1968. The play-offs simply removed the third automatic place.

EDIT: And BOF - that is brilliant!

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
No they weren't they weren't, they were three up and three down since about 1968. The play-offs simply removed the third automatic place.

You're quite right of course, I think it was 1974 though

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This has to be the most stupid thing posted on here since that idiot who had never heard of Burkina Faso!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It has been four-up, four-down from Div IV to III since its inception in 1958-59.

It was two-up, two-down from Div III to II until 1973-74, when it was changed to three-up, three-down. Same for Div II to I.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
It has been four-up, four-down from Div IV to III since its inception in 1958-59.

It was two-up, two-down from Div III to II until 1973-74, when it was changed to three-up, three-down. Same for Div II to I.

Why was the change made in 1974, I'm guessing just to make the end of season more interesting?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I noticed last night that Crystal Palace after being four points adrift of Watford are now only a single point behind. Am I missing something or have they been wrongly awarded three points for a win?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Quality BoF.

You are needed on Albion Roar more regularly - a couple of quality comedy moments. Did the Club get back about the location of Histon ?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I'll get invited back.

My lack of tenacity to interrupt, 'sound issues' and generally talking bollocks.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Picture the scene.

We fail to score from the last corner and we finish with a point. Only good enough to see us finish fourth bottom.

The South Stand...

:angry: :US: :US: :angry: :angry: :rant: :tantrum: :rant: :angry: :facepalm:
:nono: :cry: :tantrum: :rave: :mad: :mad: :eek: :facepalm: :angry: :annoyed: :nono:
:nono: :cry: :wrong: :mad: :mad: :wrong: :eek: :annoyed: :nono: :tantrum: :sick:

Spot Dougal!

Sorry to bounce this thread back up :)glare::wink:) but one question for BoF: are the facepalmers in the crowd facepalming our hypothetical relegation bombshell or are they facepalming Dougal? ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Glad this has been bounced, I missed it the first time! Quality use of smilies. I think I already sit next to a couple of the "faces"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry to bounce this thread back up :)glare::wink:) but one question for BoF: are the facepalmers in the crowd facepalming our hypothetical relegation bombshell or are they facepalming Dougal? ???

And where are the happy faces of the fans who want us to fail so they've got something to complain about?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And where are the happy faces of the fans who want us to fail so they've got something to complain about?

Not to mention the away fans who have sneaked into a decent seat so they can actually see the game, and the NSCer pointing at them ahead of a Saturday night rant about "what are they doing in our stand?"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Quite. I'm starting to think that might not be an accurate portrayal at all. There's not even any celery there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here