Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 teams down from League 1

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have i missed something ? the dotted line on official site / bbc and some sunday papers has 4 teams to be relegated from L1

??

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
errr...its been four for years

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's been 4 teams from the times when it was proper divisions 1 (22 teams), 2 (22), 3 (24) & 4 (24)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:lolol:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Picture the scene.

We fail to score from the last corner and we finish with a point. Only good enough to see us finish fourth bottom.

The South Stand...

:angry: :US: :US: :angry: :angry: :rant: :tantrum: :rant: :angry: :facepalm:
:nono: :cry: :tantrum: :rave: :mad: :mad: :eek: :facepalm: :angry: :annoyed: :nono:
:nono: :cry: :wrong: :mad: :mad: :wrong: :eek: :annoyed: :nono: :tantrum: :sick:

Spot Dougal!

Probably the funniest thing I have seen on NSC. :lolol::lolol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Picture the scene.

We fail to score from the last corner and we finish with a point. Only good enough to see us finish fourth bottom.

The South Stand...

:nono: :cry: :tantrum: :rave: :mad: :mad: :eek: :facepalm: :angry: :annoyed: :nono:
:nono: :cry: :wrong: :mad: :mad: :wrong: :eek: :annoyed: :nono: :tantrum: :sick:

Spot Dougal!

Take a bow! :lolol: funniest thing i've seen in a while on here!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest then, why is it that three go down from the Premier League and Championship, and two from League Two, but four from League One?

I don't object as such, I'm just curious. Presumably the PL and Championship sides are too scared of relegation to ever vote for an extra team to go down.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Picture the scene.

The South Stand...

Spot Dougal!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

Very, Very good.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The others were 2 up 2 down until the introduction of the play offs. The exception was the Third Div North and Third South where just one from each div going up and two being relegated from Div 2. When the two Third Divs were rearranged to Third and Fourth it was felt that as the two Third Divs may not have been of equal standard there should be four up and four down to ensure that the stronger clubs ended up in the Third Div more quickly. I believe it was originally intended that after the adjustment period there would then be two up two down between the third and fourth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here