Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 points next 2

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
surely its the old adage that if you were going to get promoted then 1 point away 3 at home is the way to go up .... so therefore although not promotion its almost as vital so 2 points away 3 at home job done we can all go and recover in the sun till august where it will all start again:shootself

Well points wise we are in promotion form over the last 4 games :lol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I recon we need six points from our final 3 games. It isn't going to be easy.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
If we got 5 points I don't think we'd stay up. We'd be on 50, so Northampton would have to also get 5 in 4 games to finish above us with their better goal difference (and they have Hereford at home, so that's 3 of those points banked). It would then come down to can Carlisle or Crewe get 4 points from their last 2 games AND better our goal difference (which both easily could). I know both are in shit form, but I expect one of them will get 4 points purely because they know they HAVE to. However, I don't expect either to WIN both their games. So, for me, the task is simple: we must win twice.

Just for fun, I think this is what will happen:

Us:
Bristol R (a) - Lose
Huddersfield (a) - Win
Stockport (h) - Win

Northampton:
Scunthorpe (h) - Win
Hereford (h) - Win
Mk Dons (h) - Lose
Leeds (a) - Lose

Crewe:
Stockport (a) - Draw
Leicester (h) - Lose

Carlisle:
Cheltenham (a) - Draw
Millwall (h) - Win

So we'll stay up with Northampton, and Carlisle will just miss out. Hopefully.

Pretty much agree with that except that I don't think Carlisle will get anything at Cheltenham. Cheltenham can still stay up and Carlisle are one of the few team they can catch, so we might actually get away with 4 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here